Getting a little Closer

Avianna's POV

I rose out of bed to find an empty spot next to me. I rubbed my eyes....listening to the distant mumbles coming from the other room.

"Vincent...?" I climbed out of bed, and pulled one of his shirts over my head before heading towards the door.

I walked down the hallway..the voices getting louder as I came into the kitchen.

Vincent was on the phone....Mike was sitting at the counter.

They were both dressed in their security uniforms.

"SO it's all cleared up then?" Vincent asked...I assumed he was talking to PG...

"Yes....yes..I know, I'll take care of it. I plan on doing it tonight...."

Doing what? I walked over to Mike..and softly wrapped my arms around him, giving him a hug.

"Hnm? Oh..good morning.." He smiled, squeezing me back..then turning his attention back to his phone.

Hearing Mike speak up, Vincent turned his attention towards us, and he smiled.

"Good morning my love.." He whispered..then tried to hurry and finish his conversation.

"YES PG! It will be done! The pizzeria will be up and running by tomorrow...alright..alright...goodbye." He huffed, stuffing his phone back into his pocket.

"What was that about?" I asked, as Vincent came over and wrapped his arms around me, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Nothing, just have to do something for PG..." He sighed, holding me to his chest. "Looks like break time is over guys..we go back to work tomorrow."

"Oh god kill me now.." Mike groaned.."Well, if today is my last free day..then I'm outta here." He said, standing up from the counter and grabbing the few things he did have with him.

"Where are you going?" I asked, a little distracted by the sound of Vincent's heartbeat.

"To hang out with Doll..." He said, heading towards the door. "I'll see you guys tomorrow..." He chuckled, giving us a wink, about to step outside when his phone vibrated.

"Oh, hey Doll.." He said with a smile, closing the door behind him.

"Well then.." Vincent said after a moment..."I guess it's just you and me..~"

I ignored his teasing, I was more concerned about what he was tasked to do tonight.

"What does PG want you to do?" I asked, looking up at him.

He didn't say anything for a moment...I waited until he answered...grabbing and playing with his ponytail.

"He wants me to go in and destroy the old animatronics..." He said after a few seconds.

"D-Destroy them? Destroy them how?" I asked, dropping the hand full of hair and pulling away so I could look him in the eyes.

"The old ones are always the reason we get investigated...ya know...PG doesn't know it's my fault that they act up like they do...but..I guess it won't be too dangerous.."

"Dangerous? Vincent! Those things will recognize you and kill you..!"

"Don't worry about it..I'll be fine..no fucking animatronic has ever stopped me before.."

"I'm coming with you.." I said, laying down on his shoulder with a sigh.

"What? No! I don't want you getting hurt.."