Save me from myself..

Avianna's POV

"You're all set to go Mrs. Lee, here are your clothes, and your prescription. HOpe you have a fast recovery." The nurse said, as she left my room.

"Thank you.."

I looked down at the folded clothes on my bed..in the empty spot where Vincent should have been...where is he now? Why does he keep running off without saying anything?

I got out of bed, stiff and irritable. Being stuck in the hospital for a couple days had really taken a tole on me..and it wasn't just the pain from my broken ribs that made it hurt when I had to put my uniform back on.

When I had finished, a knock came to my door..I guess the nurse wants me to hurry up and leave.

"Anna?"

My face lit up with excitement as soon as I heard him speak..

"Mike!!" I squealed, as he walked in the room.

"Hey, sounds like someone is feeling better."

"Yeah, now that you're here.." I said, walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his waist...hugging him tightly.

"Oh..uhm..-" He mumbled, hugging me back, wrapping his arms around me in return, cautious not to squeeze too tight.

As I pulled away, I finally had the chance to see Mike for who he really was...he was blushing, a shy look on his face, turning his eyes away from me..he didn't look like himself..but in a good way. Being out of uniform made him look different too..he looked...less angry..and..kind of adorable, but it was still a little weird to see him in normal clothes. He was wearing a pair of ripped jeans, a dark blue plaid shirt, and a beanie.

...it's probably a good thing that he always wore a hat..

"What are you doing here?" I asked, after an awkward moment of silence.

"Oh, right..Vincent told me to spend the day with you while he's off doing something..he wouldn't tell me what..but today, you're all mine." Mike smiled, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Oh really? What did you have in mind Mr. Schmidt?"

"YOu're not gonna ask about where he is?"

"Nope..I trust him.."

"That's never a good thing.." He chuckled, "Well, first, I gotta get you out of those clothes.." Mike smirked, stepping toward me, his eyes never leaving my face.

"Excuse me..?"

"I can't take you out, wearing that."

"Oh.." I looked down at myself..that's what he meant...yeah, my uniform could use a wash..

"Come on, let's get out of this hospital." Mike turned towards the door.

"Okay.." I said, following him.

We made our way down the hall and past the lobby, and out onto the street. A busy Saturday afternoon as people and cars were passing by in a blur.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Downtown, there are some good shops and places to eat. Cause, I know you've got to be starving."

I hadn't even realized...he's right..I am really hungry.

"We're walking?" I asked, speeding my steps to catch up with Mike.

"Well we kinda don't have a car any more.." He said, turning his head to look at me.

"Oh shit...my car.." I sighed, clutching my sides, trying to rub the aches away.

"Don't worry, we've got everything under control."