The Rescue

Emma's pov

I could see the light dissapear above me as I was pulled down deeper under water. Soon this will all be over, I kept thinking over and over.
i closed my eyes as I tried to ignore the fact that my lungs were screaming for air.

Suddendly the grib around my leg loosened, and my arm was grabbed. I opened my eyes slighty just to see some a bright red colour right in front of me, and the water surface coming closer. After that everything went black...

Mysterious arm grabber's pov

I was just in time. I had to make sure no one recognized me so I slapped the mermaid with my tail, which caused her to black out before she could turn around to see mee. I grabbed the girl by her arm and swam to the surface. I saw her jumping off the ship, so I figured she wouldn't be happy if I brought her back there. It was hard to swim with my head above the surface of the water and dragging someone, but I had to do whatever it takes to get her to safety.

I swam away from the ship as fast as possible. After about half an our of swinging, the girl woke up, shivering due to the cold water.

" Who...ar..are y.....yy..you?" she asked me.

I smiled at her " My name is Ariel, who are you?"

" Emm... Emma..sswann " she said, almost wispered. If I didn't get her to safety soon, she would freeze to death, considering that we would have to cross the Ice waters to get to land...