They burn 'cause they are all afraid

Gerard's pov

"I just have to do a few things and then we'll head out okay?" I nodded and continued staring blankly at the wall. I saw Dr Quinn whisper something to the secretary but I decided to ignore it as the secretary picked up the phone and dialed a number. Probably calling franks parents. I looked back at the wall 10 minutes later someone walked in and stood at the front desk. I was staring at my fingers ignoring the presence of a stranger most likely visiting one of the other patients... "hey gee" a familiar voice said. "Mikey?" I said as my head shot up. Standing above me was my brother. I jumped up from my chair and pulled him in to a tight hug. He returned the hug, tears started coming down my face again. Mikey rubbed my back a little then we pulled away from our hug. He put his hand on my shoulder and said "secretary called me, apparently Quinn said to" I was a little shocked "really?" I said. "Yeah, she said something happened and you were having a tough time coping" he responded. " she asked me to come here and comfort you" he said. " mikey you didn't h-" I started to say before mikey interupted me. "Gee of course I'm gonna say of course, you're my big brother I wanna make sure you're not upset and if you're going through a difficult time in wanna be the first person by your side" he said "mikey can I ask you a question?" I said. "Of course" mikey responded right away. "Why do you think I'm crazy?" I asked and mikey went silent. "Gee..." mikey breathed out. "I-I don't think you're-" I cut him off saying "yes you clearly do that's why I'm here." Mikey's face dropped into a sad expression "Gee I don't think you're crazy you have-" I interrupted him again "I don't have fucking schizophrenia" I said casually "see" I said handing him the little card that had my test results on it, which I conveniently had in my pocket. "oh" he said taking it from my hand. "Yeah its okay, it's too late to convince anyone, especially mom that I'm not insane" mikey looked up from the little card "no its not gee" mikey smiled showing he had an idea. "I have an idea " he said. "It make take a few months to plan and execute, but I will get you put of here." Mikey said proudly. I smiled at him "thank you Mikes, and just in case it doesn't work which I doubt it won't because you, mikey fucking way are a genius I have a backup plan." I said. Mikey smiled blushing a little from embarrassment. "As long as frank is okay with it because it's all up to him" I added. "Okay" mikey said, jumping towards me giving me a giant hug which I returned.

Just then Dr Quinn walked in "gerard are you ready to go?" She asked. I nodded "mikey do you want to come with us?" She asked. I looked back at mikey "sure" he said in the most confident way I've ever heard him say anything. I smiled at mikey and mouthed "thank you"

Dr Quinn signed me out and we went out to her car mikey got in the front and I sat in the back. And we started our drive to the hospital.

I stared out the window, it was the first time I'd left the institute since I'd been admitted. I thought a lot about why during the ride. There's a difference between thinking you're a vampire and actually being a vampire. There's a difference between thinking vampires are real and knowing vampires are real. I sighed knowing that no one would understand. We pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and Dr Quinn found a spot parking the car. I unbuckled and opened the door getting out of the car. Me and mikey walked in front of Dr Quinn.

We went to the front desk and I said "Frank iero" the secretary typed into her computer "family or friend" she asked. "i'm his boyfriend" I said. I turned my head to see mikeys eyes wide. Oh yeah I thought I'd never told mikey "room 273" she said, I noticed the slight disgust in her voice but ignored it because I really needed to know if frank was okay. Me and mikey started walking down the hallway, Dr Quinn slightly farther behind us. "Your boyfriend?" Mikey questioned. "Yup" I said awkwardly but proud as I stared at my feet. "Are you um okay with that?" I asked, my brothers opinion was important. "No" mikey said. I failed to notice sarcasm in his voice and stopped walking "oh" I said as tears started to form in my eyes. " I guess I disappointed you then ... again I'm supposed to be your big brother the one you look up to but I dissapointed you being a fuck up In a mental asylum and now I've dissapointed you even more" I said in a raspy quiet voice as as a few tears started to escape my eyes. "Oh gee no I'm sorry I was joking I'm sorry gee don't cry it's perfectly okay I'm sorry you've never dissapointed me gee please don't cry" he hugged me tightly then let go and wiped the tears away from my eyes "Ohh" I said I probably look stupid now. Dr Quinn had caught up to us "what's going on boys?" She asked startling both of us "um uh uh umm we ah um" we both said in unision. "I take it that it's some private brotherly thing am I right?" We both said "yeah" and laughed. We started walking to Frank's room again.

When we got to room 273 the door was closed and there was a doctor standing outside talking to a woman who I had assumed to be frank's mother as they looked alike.