37. Funeral Day.

~Bella's POV~
It's been 3 or 4 days since my mother passed away and it still cuts me deep when I think about it. I've been crying myself to sleep in Michael's arms every night and I've been just wandering around around everywhere like a zombie. I'm completely lost without my mom.

Right now, Michael, my siblings, my father and I are all at the Funeral Home planning the funeral for my mother. We need to choose a couple of songs to play for the funeral so I turn to Michael.

"Michael, maybe we can play that song you released last year for me. You Are My Life!" I say and he smiles at me.

"Okay. Sure, if you want." He says.

We all continue planning and mourn for the rest of the day.

-2 days later-
Today's the day.

I drag myself out of bed and get a shower and brush my teeth.

I get out of the bathroom, in just a towel, and start searching through my closet for my black dress.

I finally find it and put it on then slip my feet into my black dressy shoes.

I straighten my annoying curly hair and put on my makeup before walking downstairs. When I get downstairs, Michael is standing there in an all black suit, waiting for me.

"Ready?" He asks, and I nod as tears threaten to fall down my cheeks.

We get in the limo and go to the funeral.

We get to the Funeral Parlour and I walk over to my high school best friend, Kyla and give her a hug.

"Thank you so much for coming! I appreciate it!" I say as we pull back.

"Oh, I had to come. She was like a second mother to me! When I read it in the paper, I cried my eyes out for hours and I was in complete shock! I'm so sorry for your loss, Izzy!" She says, sympathetically.

"You should've seen how happy she was on her death bed. It was incredible. She knew she didn't have very much time left and she kept smiling and laughing until the last second of her life." I sigh as tears roll down my cheeks, ruining my makeup.

"She was a beautiful person!" Kyla says, bursting into tears.

Michael comes up behind me and gives me a warm hug from behind.

"Aww, hi Michael. I'm Izzy's best friend, Kyla King." She says putting her hand out to shake his.

"Nice to meet you, Kyla" Michael says politely while shaking her hand.

"Michael here has been a great husband ever since it happened. He lets me talk about her to him, hugs me when I cry, cuddles me at night and always makes sure I'm okay." I smile up at Michael.

"Aww, that's so sweet!" Kyla coos.

"So, what about you? You married? Have kids?" I ask.

"Well, I was married a couple years back but I had to divorce him because he was being very disrespectful to my family and he was very abusive towards me. We do have one child together but when we divorced he said that he never wants to see me OR our child ever." She says with tears in her eyes.

"Aww, I'm so sorry! How old is your child?" I ask.

"She is a little over 2 years old now. Her name is Hayley Isabella King."

"Aww, you used my name? That's so sweet! Now I feel bad for not putting your name in Jazz's name!" I say.

"Oh yeah! You guys have a little girl too!" She smiles.

"Yeah, she just said her first word a couple days ago and she started trying to walk." I smile.

"Oh what were her first words?" She asks and I look at Michael.

"Dada" I chuckle.

"I told ya she'd be a Daddy's girl!" Michael chuckles.

"Well, we better get in there so we're not late!" Kyla says.

We walking in and all heads turn and look at Michael with wide eyes.

We sit in our seat and I take a big deep sigh.

The music starts as they start to bring my mother up the isle in her casket and I immediately start crying.

The music ends and a man comes up to the mic.

"Marie Isabella McCay. Beloved Mother, Grandmother, Aunt, Cousin, Wife, and a wonderful friend to so many people. We are here today to celebrate the life of this beautiful woman by singing, and sharing stories with each other. Now could her daughter, Isabella Jackson, please come up to speak?"

I walk up there and sigh, approaching the mic.

"Hello everyone. Thank you all for coming to celebrate my mother. My mother was not just a mother to me. She was my best friend. Someone I could always go to for comfort, love, joy. She was so wonderful to me. I don't think I've ever heard her yell before! I remember, when I was just a little girl, it was the day after my 5th birthday and we were together in a flowery field, there's the picture there." I point at the screen and everyone "Awww"s.

"I remember that day as clear as a bell. We were running around, tickling each other, oh it was so much fun. I remember she gave me a locket and she promised me that every year, the day after my birthday, we'd spend some time together without anybody else. Just me and her. She kept that promise. I feel so lucky to have known her for 25 years and I feel extra lucky to be her daughter. I love you so much and I will never forget you. You're always in my heart." I say as tears roll down my cheeks.

I walk down to my seat and sit beside Michael, and start crying on his shoulder as he rubs my back.

The funeral continues on and everyone shares their stories.

"Now, our morning has ended but the McCay family would like for you all to join them in the cafeteria for some treats. Thank you for coming, and have a great day."

We all exit to the cafeteria and I sit down in a chair and start bawling my eyes out again.

"Aww, Izzy! It'll be okay." Kyla says as she comes over and hugs me.

"I just can't believe she's gone! What am I gonna do without my mother?" I cry.

"Shh, it'll all be okay. I promise." She whispers again.

I stand up and go over to Michael and he takes me in his arms.

"Never leave me. Please." I sob.

"I promise I won't. I don't wanna leave you. Ever." He whispers.

"I wanna go home." I whisper.

"Okay. Let's go." He says and we start to leave.

We get in the limo and I just keep staring out the window the whole time.

I wish she didn't have to go.

I know I already published this chapter but there was a mistake that you guys probably didn't notice but I HAD to fix it because it was driving me INSANE!! Yep, you're dealing with a perfectionist😜😂😂😂