36. My Best Friend.

~Bella's POV~
"How did you cope with your mother passing away?" I ask Katherine as she runs her fingers through my hair.

"I had to realize that she's gone but not completely gone. Like, she's not here physically but she's always here spiritually. Bella, dear, your mother truly loved you and I know that she'll always be watching over you. She's in a better place now" she says softly as I weep in her arms and Michael rubs my back.

"I feel so bad for Jasmine. She'll never be able to know her grandmother from my side!"

"Shhh, it'll all be okay. You can tell Jazz about your mother and show her pictures when she's older and tell stories about her." Mama K says in her soft voice.

"Thank you Mama K. You've always felt like a mother to me. Is it okay if I call you Mom sometimes?" I ask and she nods.

"Of course, sweetie."

"Would you like to talk about your mother now so you can have a little bit of closure?" Michael asks and I nod, wiping my tears away.

"I remember when I was little, like 5 or 6 years old, she used to braid my hair all the time and sing to me. She had a beautiful voice. She could've done well as a singer. Anyway, we'd sit down outside in the grass during the summer and have a little picnic together while my father was at work. She'd always talk to me and encourage me to express my feelings all the time and when I talked to her about anything, she'd listen and understand. After we were done our picnic, we would chase each other around and play games and go to the beach. I always had so much fun with her. She was my best friend." I smile as memories of my mom from my childhood flooded my mind while tears flooded my eyes.

"And whenever I was sad or lonely, she'd always give me the warmest hugs and softly sing "I'll Be There" to me. She knew how much I loved that song and she'd always try to cheer me up with it. She would always tickle me like crazy too. She knew every ticklish spot on my body by heart. Every time she'd make me laugh she'd always do a little giggle that always warmed my heart because that showed that at the moment, she was truly happy. A lot of people didn't know this but there was one time in her life when she was really depressed and needed love. It was when I was really young and she'd always tell me that I'm the one thing that could make her really happy. Even though she had lots of other children, she'd treat me special and she would tell me that I'm her favourite child and that I'm her angel that dropped from heaven and that I'm her gift from God."

"Aww, that's really sweet. Now I can see why you were so close with her." Katherine smiles.

"Yeah. She was my best friend, my hero. I love her so much." I sniffle.

Joseph walks in with Jasmine in his arms and looks at us.

"Here's your kid" he mumbles, putting her in Michael's lap.

She coos at Michael and reaches up to touch his face, giggling.

"Hey, my little sunshine!" Michael coos at her and she giggles again.

"Da. Da." She coos then shoves her thumb into her mouth.

"What did she just say? Did she just say her first words?!" I gasp.

"Oh my gosh! She did! Can you do it again? Can you say Dada?" Michael coos.

"Da. Da" she giggles.

"My baby's growing up so fast!" I smile.

"Bella, Michael. You both should probably go home and relax. We'll keep Jazz overnight so you can relax and try to sleep." Mama K says, rubbing Jazz's head.

"Okay, thank you Mother. We'll come get her tomorrow. I love you" Michael says, handing our little girl to his mom.

"Thanks, Katherine. This means a lot. Love you." I say, kissing her cheek.