CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

I exchange a few words of victory with the fat white cat and the fat little man with a sword, brimming with energy. I wave them good-bye and turn around to continue my flight when I run into No.18.

She gives me a long, hard stare and my lips thin into a line. I still don't know what to feel about her but I do know for sure that she's no longer a threat. She proceeds to go past me but halts when the sky goes dark. We both look up and see a bright, shining light coming from the temple. I look at her once more than fly past her up to the Heavenly Realm.

My mouth hangs open as I see a shape of a dragon shooting right out of the 7 dragon balls. It crackles with lightning and glows golden, giving me the chills. The little hairs on my nape stick right up when I see a green dragon giving off such a menacing and powerful aura.

"Guys, what's that?" I ask, absentmindedly, my eyes trained on the red eyes of the majestic dragon.

"He's Shenlong (Shenron). He's the one that grants us 2 wishes." Tenshinhan explains to me.

I gaze up at it in awe.

"Who is the one who has summoned me to this spot?" He has a deep, rumbling voice that makes me gulp.

"Shenlong!" Yamcha says. "Could you please bring back all that were killed by Cell back to life?"

"Your wish will be granted." Shenlong booms and his red eyes glow.

I rush right over to Trunks and he blinks his eyes open. "You're alright! You got me so worried, you bastard!"

"I died and I'm the bastard?" He coughs but smiles and stands up.

"What's taking you so long? Please speak out your wish!" Shenlong says.

"Goku...Son Goku...Could you please being him back to life?" Yamcha requests a little hesitantly. "He's been killed and we need to bring him back."

"Son Goku cannot be revived again," Shenlong denies. "He has already died once. It is out of my power."

I frown. The others discuss the issue of how to bring back Goku in another way.

"On planet Namek, Porunga can still revive him!" Dende exclaims happily.

"Even though Shenlong can't revive people more than once, Porunga still can." Piccolo says.

Things are starting to look good when Goku's voice echoes somewhere above us. We immediately glance up at the sky.

"I don't want to be brought back to life just yet," He says. "Right now, Bulma is more important than me. Everything will be fine. It is for the best. Don't worry about me."

"I've never heard of people who actually wants to stay dead," I say, blinking. "Unless it's not too bad...being dead."

"The past doesn't matter. Things aren't bad. The Earth was saved. Kaio-sama (Also known as King Kai in the FUNimation Dub) and I are together now. I really enjoyed being there with you guys. Kaio-sama is still a little upset about me bringing Cell to him. But it was fun watching you defeat Cell. Even though I'm not there the whole time, my spirit is still with you on Earth. Besides, I'm having fun where I am now! I'm with Kaio-sama, so I don't need Shenlong to bring me back yet. Gohan and Chichi will be able to hold on without me for a little while. Don't think of me as gone for good. Gohan is good. He'll hold you over while I'm dead."