CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

A/N

Kind of a boring chapter. Just full of dialogue, altered dialogue, but there's a conclusion the end that I hope will clear things up for whoever is lost. I gotta have at least one chapter with no fists, right? :)

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Aster's P.O.V

I kneel down between Trunks and Piccolo and look at the two Senzu beans in my hand. I slip one into Trunks's mouth then give Piccolo his. Their eyes snap open and they sit up in surprise.

I hand Trunks his sword and he examines the cracked area on the blade, sheathing it. He looks at me and asks slowly,

"How did you...do?"

"I got beaten up," I answer truthfully. "But they spared me."

Trunks looks down at his hands and murmurs, "You didn't hold back...right?"

"Of course not!" I reply indignantly, grimacing. "Why would I?"

"What do you mean by "hold back"?" Piccolo inquires, piercing me with a hard stare.

Crap.

"Trunks, they were overpoweringly strong," I say softly. "But I managed to Kichinitonda Neppa No.17 although he recovered really fast...and gave me a hole in my chest (A/N Gatar got Yamcha'ed...just Saiyan...)..."

"Unbelievable," Trunks sighs. "They truly are somewhat more powerful than the Artificial Humans in our time."

I nod. Piccolo is silent and is watching us. I know he's onto me.

"Of course they are," Piccolo finally says as Tenshinhan and Krillin joins us. "Those guys are incredibly strong. They're too strong! How could anyone have guessed they were as strong as that?"

An angry Vegeta flies off into the sky and I don't bother trying to stop him because well, he's Vegeta and he's as stubborn.

"He had become a Super Saiyan, and utterly regained all of his pride and self-assuredness," Piccolo says. "And yet, even though they were Artificial Humans, he was soundly beaten by a woman. His shock must be pretty great."

There was a pause and I can't help but think furiously at his words. Beaten by a woman? What if No.18 was a female? What's the difference? If No.17 was the one who crushed Vegeta, would that make things better?

Okay, I'm now thinking apart from the subject.

"I'm sorry..." Krillin was saying. "My legs just cowered on me and I wasn't able to fight with you."

"Don't worry about it. Our opponents were such that even Trunks had even turned Super Saiyan and yet he was still defeated in one blow. If you had joined in, there's no a thing you could have done...however, Aster..."