CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

"I hate you so much right now," Trunks growls into my face. "I hate you so much I could smash your head but I won't."

"Y-You can do it if y-you want. I-I don't m-mind."

"I said I could. I don't want to," He hisses. "You disgust me but you're still my friend. I don't hurt my friends."

He picks me up, carries me away from Cell, and even places me down gently. "Can you hang on for a while?"

"M-Maybe."

Trunks turns away and flies up and I see his shoulders shaking through half-shut eyes. I refrain from slipping into unconsciousness and my body is complaining. But I have to see Trunks's new power.

Trunks starts to scream and his Ki storms up. My eyes widen more as it doesn't stop increasing, surpassing Vegeta and my Ki entirely. I was frightened yet amazed because Trunks was terrifyingly unrecognizable.

Boy, one punch of Trunks will send me straight to the underworld.

Damn. Saiyans are real threats, the real terrors.

I barely hear what Trunks was saying to Krillin.

"...Would you take Dad and Aster and go to Muten Roshi-sama's place or somewhere for me?" He asks. He throws a Senzu bean to Krillin.

(A/N Okay, so I haven't watched Episode 163 until now and I didn't know that Trunks actually used the second bean and I was hoping he doesn't because I already made Aster eat one. Let's just pretend he has three. Gomenasai!)

"...I will not need a Senzu for myself," He says. "Because I will be sure to win."

Trunks flies down and faces Cell.

"I will kill you, Cell," Trunks says and walks toward him.

"That's a pretty aggressive statement, Trunks," Cell remarks and also walks toward him.

I watch, awed by Trunks's hidden potential, and I wonder, Can Trunks really do this?

Cell starts the first move. He kicks but Trunks dodges. And then they vanish right before me. My eyes shift upwards and vicious blows echo powerfully in the sky. Trunks just smashed Cell down into the ground. But Cell wasn't done just yet.

"You're something else, Trunks," Cell says appreciatively and they both charge at the same time. Their fists pass each other and they disappear again. They were fighting equally, possibly toe-to-toe. Or is it too early to assume that?

As they continue to fight, I catch Vegeta's still body falling into the fissure in the ground, still comatose. Cell pulls out his fist from the rocks and says, "I might have known! To think that you could dodge me by a hair's breath!"

They dodge one other's attacks until Cell slugs Trunks in the gut, taking this moment of Trunks letting his guard down, and kicks him away. Cell strikes him again with his leg, making Trunks fly facedown into the dirt.