CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

Aster-san, please control yourself. If you let your anger loose you will unintentionally start a Sotchū Nobi and it will be very dangerous because everybody is in close range. Cell is not your opponent. Trunks is not dead, you have to believe that.

I could've just deflected it to the sky...but I dodged...

Shake it off, Aster-san. It is not your fault.

My eyes linger on the dark hole in Trunks's chest. I clench my fists and try to listen to Gatar but a beast in me is screaming and boiling over.

"Aster, you don't look too happy," Cell remarks and I turn around, seeing the smug sneer on his face. "Surprised? Well, I'll tell you what happened. This was quite unexpected and a lucky turn of events. Inside my brain, there is a small lump of nerves. It is my nucleus, so to speak. As long as the nucleus is undamaged, I can keep regenerating my cells and recreate my whole body..."

"My nucleus survived the explosion. I didn't even know such a thing could happen. It was totally unexpected. And that's not all. I have the perfect body again even without the Artificial Humans in my system. And this is not just the perfect body that I used to have. It is a far more powerful one, as powerful as Son Gohan. It's probably due to the Saiyan cells that I have in my system, since the Saiyan cells are said to increase their strength when it faces death. Furthermore, I had a chance to absorb Son Goku's teleportation technique. In other words, I have obtained everything I wanted because of the explosion. I should thank Son Goku. He gave me a wonderful farewell present."

After his explanation, I look at Trunks again. He coughs out a pool of blood and something in me breaks. I feel the rush of the fire in me, encouraging me to let go and to give in to the rage. I shake my head wildly and Gatar's words are soon forgotten. All I can think of is Cell and how much I want to pummel him and I shove aside the fact I can't. Unaware of Vegeta also about to take on Cell, I block out Gatar's voice and push myself forward.

"You stay back!" Vegeta roars to me. "Cell is mine!"

I ignore him and prepare my strongest Kichinitonda Neppa.

"Get away you brat!" He growls, still firing rapid Ki blasts at Cell. "You can't do anything to him!"

"Neither can you! I have a better chance!" I scream back and dash into the smoke that covers Cell, dodging Vegeta's blasts. When I get close enough, I see Cell just standing there without moving an inch. He smirks when he sees me and his eyes flicker to the Kichinitonda Neppa.

"Another Norvasain move, eh?" He says. "Looks like it could burn."

I cast a barrier so that I don't have to keep on dodging Vegeta's never-ending Ki blasts and lunge at Cell. He moves his head slightly to the left so I miss but I aim for his neck, only to be kneed in the gut. It weakens my Kichinitonda Neppa a little but I keep on trying. The blazing fingers graze his cheek and he clicks his tongue as the wound glows red.

"Congratulations. You cut me." He does a roundhouse kick and I feel myself flying out of the smoke, my barrier shattering. I crash into a rock and my head lolls pathetically. It hurts so bad it feels as if he dented my skull. Or maybe he actually did.