CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

A/N

Hey, just saying, I will only be writing Gatar/Aster's energy wave techniques in Italic and others like Kamehameha will not be because you know what they are and whose they are already.

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

I jolt awake at a sudden escalation of a remarkable Ki and my ears catch onto Goku and Gohan speaking.

"It's started! The one who's fighting is Piccolo!" Gohan exclaims and my eyes go wide. "Could his opponent be that Cell guy?"

"No, I can't feel his opponent's Ki."

"It's the Artificial Humans," I say and they turn to look at me. "They don't have Ki."

"Oh, Aster, you're awake," Goku says.

"Yeah, sorry for sleeping so long. I never get much sleep these days..."

"It can't be! Piccolo-san will be killed!" Gohan says and he tries to rush to Piccolo.

"There ain't no use in going!" Goku says and he was right. "Our levels differ too much right now! Do you want to weigh him down?"

Piccolo, strengthened immensely by the reunion with Kami-sama, and Gatar are the only people who are able to defeat the Artificial Humans at the moment. If Gohan were there, Piccolo will have to worry about keeping him safe and at the same time look out for himself.

"Gohan," I say gently. "Very soon, Vegeta and Trunks will come out all powered up. Wait until then, it'll be alright." I look at the brown door and frown, wondering why the father and son were taking so long.

"Piccolo has become a master like you couldn't believe." Goku says.

"Right!" Mr. Popo says with hope. "Kami-sama and Piccolo not easily beaten."

Gohan nods, looking worried still.

After more long minutes, we continue to sit in tense silence and I think, this won't do. I've eaten breakfast and walk up to Goku.

"Goku-san," I say. "I've never seen your strength. May I spar with you?"

Goku blinks at me. "Well...it really is no use just sitting here, fretting and waiting for Vegeta and Trunks to come out and for Piccolo to be okay so why not? I would like to see your power too."

Gohan watches us as we face each other, waiting for each other to strike first but I hold still and catch his every slight movement. I was surprised when he charges at me unexpectedly, because he was standing there absolutely motionless until he jerked toward me like a blur and I dodge in time, catching his fist firmly.

"You're not too bad," Goku says and rips his fist out of my grip. "Good reflexes. But how do you punch?"

Goku sure was fast but I keep on punching and kicking until my fist makes contact with his cheek and he crashes into a pillar. The ceiling shakes slightly and I hear Mr. Popo suck in a worried breath.