CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

<>THREE YEARS LATER<>

Ever since the stiff little moment with Trunks and I, we've become more careful around each other. The three years had bumps but the ride was smooth overall. Bulma had noticed the tension between us but if she tries to question us about it, it'd seem like a big deal. And it's not.

We're not estranged. We're just unsure. I'm mainly the cause of this after what Gatar had said what I wouldn't have said. It's no use apologizing now. Nothing could break this solid barrier. Not even a long period of time.

We're in the gym of the house and Trunks and I stand in the opposite sides of the room, ready for a spar. Actually, I was thinking of practicing more Norvasain moves with Gatar but Trunks suddenly requested training with me, which he hardly did in these years.

"Three years," He speaks for the first time since we got here. "Three years had gone. It's time the Artificial Humans had arrived in the past."

"Mhhhmm," I say and dodge his fist. I throw a punch at him. "When should we leave?"

"Probably in two days," He answers, ducking. "The Time Machine needs to replenish energy. Each trips eats up a lot of it and if it's not completely refilled, well, who knows where we could end up?"

"I see," I muse. "What are we going to do about the artificial duo in our time?"

"Best we leave them for a while," Trunks says. "There's nothing we could do about them."

"Yeah," I agree. Then I smirk. "Brace yourself...Ji! Go! Ku! Furea!" I release the fireball and he fights back with his own Saiyan Rapid Fire, to put out the red flames of my technique. The blasts push against each other and result in a bang that echoes through the room.

"Dang, Trunks," I say, awed. "Your Saiyan Rapid Fire greatly improved!"

He smirks arrogantly. "Of course. You're not the only one powered up."

We train some more and in about 50 minutes, Bulma pokes her head in and we hear tinkling of glasses and plates. We grab the food off the tray she holds and chomp them down hungrily.

"Mom," Trunks says, swallowing his rice. "How is the Time Machine doing?"

"Hmm, the energy replenishment is not done yet. It might take more than a couple of days."

I lower my bowl. "But we don't have that much time, do we?"

"We might be late for the fight. All we have is two days," Trunks frowns. "Mom, could you possibly hurry it up?"

"I'll try," She assures. "Don't worry, you'll make it."

She leans and smiles curiously. "So...how am I like?"

Trunks and I blink. "You mean in the past?"

"Yeah! Is there any difference now?" She asks eagerly. "Do I still look the same?"

I smile. "Pretty much."

"I do miss everybody..." Bulma murmurs. "I wish everybody still lived...well, Trunks, Aster-kun, this future may not be the most desirable but do prevent the same from happening to their future, alright?" She pats our heads and leaves.