Nerdy Louis (Louis)

The italics are Louis’ thoughts.(they kind of stop half way through)

“Miss y/l/n, where does the word ‘Drama’ come from?" Mr. Goldberg asks as the classroom turns their heads to look at her. I do the same and look to my seat partner. She’s clearly panicked and has no idea the answer, possibly doesn’t even know the question. 

    “Um.." She starts awkwardly. Help her, dude. You’ve only been in love with her for like 3 years and you know the answer. Help. Her.

    “From the Greek word: Dran." I whisper, trying to help her out. She just looks at me, completely bewildered. “Dran. Greek." I repeat.

    “Um, from the Greek word Dran…" She says, not sounding so sure. Mr. Goldberg eyes me suspiciously before turning back to her. 

    “Yes." He says slowly, not believing that she came up with that on her own. “And what does that mean?" She looks to me again.

    “Help me Louis." She whispers urgently. Dear Lord, she knows my name. I had no idea she knew my name.

    “Dran means action." I say quietly, hoping no one else heard. She nods.

    “Dran means action." She says loudly, sounding much more confident. I smile, glad to help.

    “Very good. And when was the wo-" Mr. Goldberg starts asking y/n another question before the bell interrupts him. He always picks on her. What an ass. As I’m packing up to go y/n starts talking to me.

    “Thanks Louis. You really helped me out today." She smiles and I look up at her quickly before looking back down. Play it cool. 

    “Anytime." I mumble while throwing my bag over my shoulder. We start walking towards the door.

    “So how do you know all of this stuff?" She asks, hugging her textbook to her chest. Is she really initiating a conversation with me?

    “I guess I’m just really into Drama." I say as we turn down the hallway. We walk side by side for a few moments before I pipe up.

    “Can I ask you a question?" I mumble, looking down.

    “Of course!" She says, sweetly. Damn she’s adorable.

    “Why are you taking Drama? It doesn’t really seem like you’re thing…." I trail off. It’s true though, she’s not like me. She’s beautiful and popular and rich. She just never seemed like a very artsy person.

    “It’s definitely not my thing." She giggles. “I just needed another credit to be eligible to graduate in the spring." 

    “Oh." I respond as we approach my locker. “Are you prepared for the test next week?" I ask, not wanting to sound too dorky.

    “Ugh." She groans. “No! I don’t understand anything!" She exclaims, leaning against the locker next to mine. “Could you possibly help me study tonight?" She asks, biting her lip. As the word tonight falls from her lips I feel myself getting hard. Would I like to spend my Friday night with the most amazing girl ever? Fuck yes

    “Yeah I could definitely help." I respond, blushing like crazy.

    “Great. Thanks Louis. You’re the best!" She squeals, excited. I smile awkwardly. 

    “I’ll pick you up at 8." She yells, walking to her locker.

****************

    I get into the car and we just sit there for a moment before she speaks.