Sweet (Ziam)

“All right, lads, we’ve got about an hour and a half before dinner. Change, shower, do whatever you need to. Meet me in my room no later than six-thirty.”

Zayn nods to Paul’s words as they pull up to their hotel. He’s seated in the back of the van between Niall and Louis, with Liam and Harry in front with Paul. Out of habit he’s poking and prodding the other boys, although his fingers always find their way to Liam in the end. They pile out of the van together in a huddled mass of limbs, and in a flash find themselves in the wonderfully air conditioned lobby of the hotel.

At this point they all begin to slowly break apart. Paul remains in the lead, guiding them toward the row of elevators leading to the rooms upstairs. Zayn falls back, and in a swift, almost effortless move, grips hold of Liam’s arm, holding him back as well. Liam seems surprised at first but eases at the sight of Zayn, who’s smiling at him.

When Paul realizes that he’s lost two of his flock he stops, turns and says, “Hey, you two, get over here. We need to get you upstairs and changed!”

Zayn calls back, “We’ll be up in a few minutes! I’m not feeling well, gonna use the loo down here, all right?”

Paul seems unconvinced. “You’ve got one in your room, Zayn.”

All it takes to change his mind is for Liam to say, “I’ll bring him up, Paul, no worries!”

“Keep an eye on him, Liam, make sure he’s feeling all right. See you lads soon.”

Soon thereafter Paul, Niall, Louis and Harry disappear into an elevator, leaving Zayn and Liam in the mildly crowded hotel lobby.

Liam, perplexed, turns to Zayn and asks, “You feeling okay?”

Zayn shakes his head. “No. Come with me to the loo?”

The sudden look of concern on Liam’s face shouldn’t be so arousing; Zayn has always liked it a little too much, though, the way Liam dotes on him. They all joke about Liam being ‘Daddy Direction’, but really, Zayn wouldn’t have it any other way. Knowing someone cares about him so deeply makes him feel good. Makes him feel loved.

He wanders down the long corridor beside the reception desk, across from the elevators, eventually finding his way into the men’s bathroom. It’s well lit and smells like lemons, fresh and clean. Zayn heads right for the empty stall on the far left, feigning a look of mild nausea. In reality, what he has planned is anything but nauseating.

“Let me know if you need anything,” Liam says.

For a few moments Zayn pretends to fidget around in the stall. He’s simply stalling for time as he takes in his surroundings. Unlike normal stalls, the door as well as partitions between each stall are from wall to ceiling, and are made with a beautiful tile inlay. It’s like being inside a small, beautifully decorated box. The space is thin, but workable.

“Li,” he calls, “I, um. Can you come here?”

Liam is at the stall door in under a second. “What do you need, Zayn?”

Zayn never locked the stall door. He carefully pulls it open, and with one quick move pulls Liam inside, pressing him against the cool tile wall. As the weight of the stall door forces it to shut on its own, he kisses him deeply, groaning. When he pulls back, he smirks. “I’ve needed a kiss from you all day.”

Liam chuckles. “All of this for a kiss? Somehow I don’t believe it.”

Liam is far more perceptive than Zayn sometimes gives him credit for. Zayn says nothing, simply reaching out to lock the stall door. When he looks back at the other, he can tell Liam is growing somewhat uncertain.