Live While We're Young (Niall)

My dress hit at my knees. I threw my leather jacket over my shoulders and head out the door. The night was cold, the streets bare, by now most people had made it to whichever party they chose to attend that weekend. My heels clacked down the cracked cement hill, the thudding bass becoming louder and louder. Just a few more blocks before I would reach the towering mansion that housed some of the hottest frat boys on campus. I wasn’t a member of a sorority, but I was involved in Greek life as much as any sorority girl would be. I got along with frat boys because I wasn’t like the typical sorority girl. I like wearing jeans, little makeup, play video games, beer pong, but on the contrary I cleaned up nicely. Tonight was no exception, each house party, I took my time to get ready, you never know when you could find, ‘the one.’ My friend Ryan invited me this frat’s party tonight, he’s a cool guy, like the older brother I never had.

Soon the house came into view, the tall red brick building stood there since 1918, the outside told tales of generations of frat boys who passed through the gates, the building’s legacy, but on the weekends the house came to life with the sounds of thumping bass, alcohol, and mischievous behavior. Security at the door nodded me in, normally, for any other girl, it wouldn’t be safe to go to a house full of horny college boys alone, but Ryan kept me safe. Like I said, he is like my older brother, and if he was my older brother, then that meant his frat brothers were not allowed to touch me, unless I wanted them to.

I made my way through the crowded house towards the back, where most of the fun happens. The guys rigged a 7 foot fence around their backyard; they hung huge tents and made it the designated club area, lasers and smoke included. Immediately the beats flooded my bloodstream and my hips instinctively swayed to the beats, hands soon gripped my hips. I turned to face the familiar grey blue eyes. “Hey babe."

"Hey Ryan." He kissed me on the cheek.

"You look rather gorgeous."

"Thanks babe." Ryan and I talked shortly, before an Irish accent interrupted.

"Ryan, come on mate, next round of beer pong, you and me."

My eyes met his; they were stormy, rimmed with deep blue, like the depths of the ocean. In the center burst a vibrant green, pulling me inwards to him. Momentarily I focused on his mouth as he spoke, they were plump and a pale pink, the corners of his mouth turned upwards. He spoke uncontrollably, excitement rattling his entire body. I lost myself for a minute, as I traced his entire body. He wore a white tank top with a red logo plastered on the front. His arms were toned and he was buff, not too buff, just the right amount. I mindlessly bit my lip as I practically took his clothes off with my eyes. I was going to have this boy tonight and I would let him have me. I snapped out of it just as they stopped talking. The boy turned towards me, his eyes soaking me in, they wondered down my body and back up to my face, a sweet smile formed on his lips.

"Hey babe, I’m Niall." He reached for my hand, before placing a kiss on it. I bit the inside of my lip again, our eyes never losing contact.

‘And he’s a gentleman.’ I thought to myself.

"Niall? Nice to meet you." Before I could give him my name Ryan interrupted us, directing his question to me.

"Why don’t you go upstairs and put your coat in my room, we don’t want a repeat?" Last party, someone threw up in the coat closet, soaking everyone’s jackets, including my own. I nodded and walked back into the house. I was still in earshot when Ryan leaned into Niall, “She’s off limits."

‘Cock Block.’ I again thought to myself, he’s not going to stop me.

Slinking my hands to pull my jacket off, I turned my head towards Niall and Ryan still just a few feet away from me. Niall stood, staring at me as I walked away, licking his lips slightly and wetting them with his tongue. His eyes traced my body until they met my eyes. A smile mirrored both our faces. I turned the corner and head up stairs to put my jacket away.