Chapter 1 : Start

Beginne am Anfang

Firstly: I was not prepared for the interview in the slightest, and secondly; I overheard people talking about their boss, aka the CEO, aka Mr. Aaron Reynolds. Let's just hope that it did not prove out to be some excruciating pleasure.

"Do hurry Miss Waters. Be careful with the choice of words you use, Good luck"

I thanked the receptionist for being so pleasant and humble with me. I turned and made my way towards the elevator. The office was huge, highly maintained, and systematic. People looked so dedicated towards their work, plus the building and its content looked sort of scary and intimidating. I didn't know why but I could sense fear in the air which moved around in the premises.

There was a long queue for the elevator. No more than the weight of '4 persons' was permissible to be in such a huge elevator. I had yet to be (if even) admitted into this office and I already despised the systems. I did not want to take the stairs as it left the very possible chance of me sweating and therefore smelling awful. One word- EW. That would ultimately be the worst I could ask for today.

I finally reached the 7th floor and hurried towards the most gigantic room/cabin of this entire building.

"Focus Amanda", I patted my right arm with my left hand encouraging myself whilst knocking at the door.

"Come in", it was a deep yet, seductive voice.

I turned the doorknob, stood there, then preceded into the room, after making myself presentable.

There was a large man with dark brown hair, and weirdly enough, a very intimidating back. Yes... back. I could only see his back as he was busy attending a call, staring out the window, at the tall buildings.

He then ended the call. He ever so slowly and gradually turned towards me. A part of me was so excited to meet him whereas the other part was tensed too.

When he completely turned to face me, my heart almost plummeted to the ground before regaining its original position. His dark blue eyes caught mine.

My mind blanked out for a while until I shouted "YOU!"

"Oh, my God, It's you?!"

"Yes, It's me Miss ", he thought for a while and continued "Miss, whatever".

FLASHBACK 1 MONTH AGO (Amanda starts thinking)

It was a rainy day and I had forgotten to carry an umbrella along with me as the atmosphere was quite humid and sunny when I left my house. There were puddles everywhere and I was already late for Gina's twentieth birthday party. The climate was pathetic and I had to walk beneath the rooftops of the houses and shops because I could not afford to spoil the amazing new dress that I had specifically bought for this occasion. No matter how much I tried to save the dress, it appeared to look as though it was in ruins already.

I wanted to hit myself hard for not carrying an umbrella and being so careless.

I had to cross the road but that meant that I would have had to walk in the rain. The rain reduced a bit, after quick consideration of what I would rather, I decided it best to spoil my look as I preferred to keep Gina happy.

Suddenly, there came a car traveling at full speed. The wet litter on the road directly varied with my face and dress. The worst of all was not me covered in muck and dirt but that the car had incidentally hit a dog. Due to the speed which the car possessed, the dog was left on the ground with its left leg torn and covered in blood. An old lady, on being scared when crossing the road, almost encountered a panic attack. She looked shaken, disturbed, and uneasy on sensing the high-speed which the car possessed. She could've been in the dog's place if it wasn't a matter of inches.