Chapter 1 : Start

Start from the beginning

I locked the entrance of my door and assured that I did it right after cross-checking it. I then turned around and marched towards the way my office was. Suddenly my eyes were locked as someone placed their hands tightly over mine, the vision ahead of me blurred surrounded by complete darkness. Darkness was something I have been afraid of ever since I was young of an age. Not that I was scared of ghosts but as a child whenever I did something wrong, dad locked me in the bathroom turning off the lights and even prevented mom to contact me.

I tried unlocking the hands which held a firm grip on my eyes. I somehow successfully unlocked them and when I turned behind I saw two human figures. A boy and a girl stood by.

"Do I know you both?" I questioned them after hitting them playfully and acting all unknown.

"Of course. Yes", Gina giggled. I knew she was making up for it.

"How can you forget me? I'm your first love, baby", Francis leaned towards me and kissed my cheek. I pushed him away. Francis had a really amazing sense of humor. He sometimes flirted so hard and so natural with Gina and me that on occasions we genuinely believed he was really into us. Every word which escaped his mouth was sugar-coated with love, he was habitual to flirting with people of any age, what only mattered was they should be of the opposite gender.

"I hate you both so much, you guys knew that today is such an important day to me but you people didn't even remember it" words fall out naturally from my mouth.

"I know that you were given a reminder about today by my mom", I walked away from them.

They hugged me from behind, together. I hugged them as well because I knew I needed them and their moral support, plus I just simply cannot go ignoring or not talking to them for more than a few hours.

"All the best, remember we love you."

"I love you both too", I smiled and waved a final goodbye, hugging them again.

"Whenever your heartbeats fasten, think about kissing my ass", I could hear Francis's voice from behind. I turned around, stuck my tongue out towards his face, and then continued walking towards the bus-stop.

The weather was really good. The bus arrived after about 10 minutes. Good thing, I did not have to wait very long for it. I reached the office 20 minutes later, meaning it was now 08:50 AM- that meant I was early.

I walked towards the receptionist to check in and record my presence.

"Hello there, I'm here for an interview since I've been shortlisted for the post of the secretary." I raised my eyebrows then continued, "Myself being Amanda Waters, can you confirm and permit me to move towards the Cabin of the interviewer, Joseph Henri, please?", I said with a broad, fake smile. Mom always told me that smiling has a great effect. Well, it did here.

"Okay Madam, please allow me to check.", she said with a smile back.

I waited for a few minutes, lowered my head, and started playing with my phone. Tipping and tapping over pictures in my gallery was my favorite way to pass time.

"Miss Waters"

I raised my head, "Yes Madam ", I answered quickly.

"Due to Mr. Joseph's illness, he won't be able to take your interview but since we're in urgent need of a secretary's post in this office, this interview cannot be further delayed, Mr. Reynolds would be interviewing you himself", she paused for a while and then went on, "Good luck on that, Sweetie".

My eyes widened and all I could do at that moment was cover my mouth which had already formed an 'O'.

'Kiss My Ass'-Francis's words echoed in my ears which made my stress level plummet from 100 to 99.