Love The Love You Have

The end of Warped Tour came way too fast. Soon I was saying goodbye to all the other bands that I had ended up being friends with and packing up my stuff. I felt like the best summer of my life was ending even though it was only the middle of August.

Connor had had cleared things up with Brian even though Brian had already said he believed me, though they still didn’t talk. I hadn’t talked to Connor in awhile myself. We had decided to take shifts at the merch tent. I was very relieved that he had agreed to the shift thing because there was no way I would be able to spend everyday with him like I used to. Anyway, Connor was the one who beat up Brian. Brian had punched him because he thought that I cheated on him with Connor and then Connor got really mad and beat him up. The weird thing was that I thought Connor and Brian were pretty good friends, but I guess all friends have their quarrels. 

The drive home was longer than the drive to get there, but Brian and I cuddled on the couch in the back lounge and watched movies the whole time. Everything was back to the way it should be. 

After almost a day of driving, we were home. I couldn’t wait to see Julia. I hadn’t seen her in over three months and I missed her. As soon as I was dropped off at my apartment building, I just wanted to run up the stairs and see Julia, but I had bags to carry up, which Brian helped me with.

When we got to my door, I unlocked it and was immediately ambushed by Julia. She wrapped her arms around me excitedly. I heard Brian chuckle. When she let go of me, she had a big smile on her face. Something about the way she greeted me, told me that rehab had worked. She didn’t seem drunk or hungover and that made me so happy. I had always just wanted to see her healthy.

“I missed you so much,” she cried walking over to the TV and turning it off. She still had that stupid grin on her face, but she was happy and that’s what I wanted.

“Where do you want this, Maya?” Brian asked interrupting our little love fest. Julia and I usually didn’t spend too much time apart like this, so it was normal that we would miss each other so much.

“In my room. Thanks,” I replied kissing his cheek before he could leave. He walked away struggling under the weight of the suitcase causing me to smile.

“So how was it?” Julia asked sitting down on the couch. I sat down on the other end ready to tell her all about my summer. I really couldn’t have asked for a better summer, to be honest.

“It was amazing,” I started filling her in on all the details. She listened intently until Brian appeared in the hallway.

“I’ll leave you two alone,” she murmured raising her eyebrows before heading to her room. I was kind of grateful that she left us alone. After two months, I needed to say goodbye. There would be no more waking up in his arms or seeing him play to a crowd everyday. Things were going to change.

“So, I’ll call you when I get home?” he asked walking over to me and sitting down. I knew this wasn’t really goodbye. We’d probably go out tomorrow like we used to, but it wasn’t the same.

“That sounds nice,” I replied closing the space between us and laying my lips on his. He kissed back gently and then pulled away.

“You should come on tour with us again,” he suggested putting his arms around me. I was going to miss waking up with those arms around me.

“I’d love to,” I responded kissing him again. I knew right then that if I ever didn’t go on tour with them, I’d probably die without him. It was an exaggeration, but I loved him way to much to just let him go away for two months.

We kissed for a few moments until I pulled away. I still had my arms around him. I didn’t want to let him go. “Brain, promise me that you’ll never leave me,” I whispered. For some reason, it was really important in that moments that I knew he wanted to be with me forever.

He chuckled before responding, “I promise, Maya. I will never leave you. Ever,” he replied before laying his lips on mine again.