I Won't Go Dropping Your Heart On The Floor

I woke up a few hours later in an unfamiliar bed with the scent of coffee streaming through my nose. I could feel that all my clothes were still on and no one was next to me in bed. I breathed a sigh of relief and sat up. The last thing I needed was to sleep with some guy I barely knew. I got out of bed and started to walk to the source of the smell. I came out of the bedroom and into a small living room that was attached to an even smaller kitchen. I saw Brian standing in front of a coffee pot pouring himself a cup. I also noticed a blanket and pillow piled up on the couch. Had he given up his bed for me?

"Good morning," he greeted when he noticed me standing in his living room. "You want some coffee?" he questioned. It felt so weird waking up in this strange apartment and having this guy act like everything was normal. I suddenly wished I could be in my own apartment that I shared with Julia.

Wait. Julia! How had she gotten home? Was she ok? What if she had tried to drive home totally drunk? What if she was dead?

Ok, calm down, I told myself. I was over exaggerating. She was probably fine.

"If you took me home, how did my friend get home?" I asked him nervously. I knew he was waiting for my answer on whether or not I wanted coffee, but Julia was more important than a caffeine fix at the moment.

"I looked for her before we left and I think she went home with that guy she was talking to," he told me. My mind stopped racing and my heart beat slowed down a bit even if that didn't mean she was home safe. "You were pretty drunk and I didn't want you driving like that," he added.

"Thanks," I told him and I really meant it. I could be dead if he hadn't taken me with him. "And yes, I'll take some coffee," I said with a smile before pulling out my phone to call Julia.

She picked up on the third ring. "Hi, Maya," she chirped. She sounded a bit too happy considering she probably had a massive hangover. Her joy could have only meant one thing: her and this guy had had sex. This didn't happen very often because I usually pulled her away from guys, but since I was with my own guy, she had had her opportunity to fuck someone.

"Are you ok?" I asked. I felt like her mother sometimes the way I had to check up on her all the time and make sure she was ok.

"Yes, I am completely fine," she answered. I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I had be holding in.

"Ok, just making sure," I replied. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

"You're friend's ok?" Brian asked. He looked as concerned as I felt. He placed a cup of coffee and plate of pancakes down in front of me.

"Yeah, she's fine. Thanks," I responded and dug into my breakfast. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until then. The pancakes were really good, which was surprising because most guys I know can't cook very well.

We talked while we ate and when I realized it was time for me to go because I had to be at work in an hour, he asked "What time do you get off work?"

"Seven," I answered standing up.I shoved my phone back in my pocket and we started to walk to the door. He had to drive me back to the bar so I could get my car.

"Would you like to go to dinner or something tonight after you're done work?" he questioned as me headed for the elevator. My stomach did a flipflop. Even after he saw me drunk, he wanted to go on a date! I could tell Brian was a good guy right from then.

"Sure," I answered and on the ride to my house we made plans to go out that evening for dinner and a movie. To be honest, I couldn't wait.