This Is All For You

The next day I was in my room because Brian was hanging out with the rest of the band. I couldn’t get the previous day off my mind. Every time I thought about what he had told me, a huge grin appeared on my face. Suddenly my phone lit up with a new text message. It was from Brian.

Brian: Come over. I have the best idea ever.

I quickly texted him that I’d be over in a few minutes and ran out to my car. My mind spun with possibilities. It was obviously something good, so I didn’t worry that he might break up with me or something like that. When I got to his apartment, I hopped out of my car and ran up the few flights of stair until I was looking at his door. I knocked and waited.

“Good, you’re here,” he greeted pulling me into his door. He was smiling from ear to ear. He pulled me in to a rough kiss as soon as I was in the door making me smile myself.

“What did you want to tell me?” I asked still smiling. Just being around him made me smile. I just really wanted to hear what he had to say.

“I have the best idea earlier. I really don’t want to leave you, especially since Julia’s not gonna be back for awhile, so why don’t you come on tour with us. You could help Connor with the merch and it would be really fun,” he exclaimed excitedly. Connor was Josh’s brother and the band’s merch guy. I had to admit, that was a pretty awesome idea. I would love to go on tour with him. It sounded like so much fun.

“I would love to. That sounds amazing,” I answered. I didn’t really have a full time job. I had lost my job at the ShopRite awhile ago and had only been babysitting and doing yard work for some of my friends, so there wasn’t really much tying me down here so it was a perfect solution to my problem of Brian leaving.

“Awesome. I knew you’d agree. We are gonna have so much fun. Warped tour is the most fun tour ever and you can watch us play everyday,” he rambled only making going with them sound better. I really could not wait.

**************

It was the next day, the day I was leaving for tour with The Summer Set and I was so excited. I had called and told Julia that I wouldn’t be home when she was done rehab. She’d be home in the next few weeks and I’d still be on tour. While I was a bit worried about her, I decided that she could take care of herself.

I shoved my hairbrush in my suitcase and took a quick look around my room to make sure I had everything. “Ready to go, Maya?” Brian asked coming into my room. I nodded and he grabbed my bag. He was such a gentlemen. 

We made our way downstairs where the bus was already parked. Everyone had there own bunk besides me. Brian had said they didn’t have any extras and that I’d be sharing a bunk with him, which I was totally not complaining about. Sleeping in Brian’s arms every night sounded like heaven to me. He dragged my bag on the bus and put it with everyone else’s. He quickly introduced me to their crew, who I had yet to meet. Tomorrow was the official start of Warped tour and I was literally so excited.

The drive to the venue was treacherous, but with Brian there it made it bearable. This was definitely going to be the best summer of my life.