Rock The Nation

The next day was one of the busiest of my life. I woke up at 10:30 to the feeling of Brian’s arms around my waist. The feeling was amazing and I almost didn’t want to get up, but the first bands started at 11:00 and wanted to make sure I could see as many bands as I could. Anyway, if I was going to help out with merch, I needed to get up. I wriggled out of Brian’s grip trying not to wake him up and went to grab some clothes from my bag. I went into the bathroom, changed, and put on some makeup.

As I exited the bathroom, I noticed that Connor was already up. I smiled and grabbed something to eat. I sat down on one of the couches and bit into my food. I would definitely have to get to know Connor if I was going to live and work with him until the middle of August. I finished eating and decided to go check the blow up board to see what time TSS was playing since Brian still wasn’t up.

Turned out they were playing at 1:15, which meant I had about 2 hours with Brian before he played if he ever woke up. I decided to walk around a bit and see everything. This was my first ever Warped Tour and I wanted to get all I could out of it. 

After about twenty minutes I headed back to the bus to find Brian awake. He was talking to Jess and eating breakfast. As soon as I opened the bus door, he looked up and when he saw it was me, a huge smile spread across his face. That smile made my insides feel like they were they were going to explode. I smiled back and sat down next to him.

“How are you doing today, beautiful?” he questioned turning his attention from Jess to me. I blushed at him calling me beautiful. I had never thought of myself as beautiful or anything near it. I saw a small smile creep up on Jess’s face and she left the bus.

“Great. I’m so excited,” I confessed. I really couldn’t wait to see The Summer Set play finally and just being at Warped Tour made me happy.

“Good. Me, too. I can’t wait to play again,” he told me still smiling. TSS hadn’t done a concert in awhile so I could tell why he was so excited.

“Well, I can’t wait to watch you,” I replied giving him a quick kiss. He quickly finished his breakfast and took me by my hand.

“Where are we going?” I asked curiously. I wasn’t reluctant, though, to let him pull me off of the bus. Really, I was just so happy to be with him, I didn’t care.

“I’ve got to show the best parts of Warped Tour,” he told me playfully. I grinned knowing this would be fun, but anything with him was fun.

*******************

Soon, Brian said that we should get to the stage because they would be on in twenty minutes. They were playing the Tilly’s stage. I loved Tilly’s so I though it was pretty awesome. Jess, John, Josh, and Stephen were already at the stage when we got there warming up.

It seemed to be the quickest twenty minutes of my life because in a what seemed like a few moments, the previous band was done and the crew had finished setting up their equipment. Brian gave me a quick kiss before running onstage, which made me smile. I was allowed to stand side stage since I knew the band, so I quickly found a spot with a good view and bobbed my head to Boomerang, one of my favorite songs off their new album, Legendary.

“‘Cause if I was a boomerang, I’d turn around and come back to you,” Brian sang to the crowd. Everyone in the crowd was shouting the lyrics back at him. 

It gave me an amazing feeling to stand on the stage and watch so many being connected by music and just singing along. No distraction, just music. I had been to concerts before, but something about be onstage, looking down at the crowd, made it so different; so much more amazing.

I could feel the music slightly shaking the stage and Brian’s voice echoed through my head. All in all, I was pretty impressed by their performance. I loved them on CD and had been pretty excited to finally see them play. It was well worth the wait to say the least.

When they were done, they ran off stage. They were a bit sweaty to put it lightly. “You guys were great,” I told Brian with a huge smile. I wrapped him in a hug not really caring that he was drench in sweat.

“Thank you, but you might not want to hug me. I’m really sweaty,” he told me. I just shrugged and continued to hug him. He eventually got the hint that I didn’t mind and hugged me. I could definitely get used to this.