Chapter 21

I can barely control my range. I stand at the entrance of my house looking down at my sister lying on the steps that lead into the doorway. Rob stands over her.

"Hello fucker." The smug look on his face only pushes me closer to the edge.

"Get the fuck away from her..." I push past him and lift Lea from the ground.

"Lea, baby, are you ok?" I rub my hand over her cheek; her face is cold and her skin soft.

Why is she here? Fuck, I didn't call her back! She must've been worried sick. What was the last thing she heard, Kate showing up at my door? Shit Lea, why did you come.

"I'm fine Bryce. Let me get him away from here. I think he knows Bryce" Her voice is shaky as she whispers to me. Her eyes are pooling with tears and I can clearly see that she is disorientated.

"You not going anywhere, he is." I walk into my house, and put Lea down on the couch. Back in my small entrance hall, decorated with nothing but a lamp, standing on a small coffee table, I set my eyes back on Rob that stands in front of me.

"Get the fuck away from my house." I try my best to keep my voice low; I do not want Kate to be a part of this shit.

"Not quite yet Bryce. Aren't you going to invite me in?"

"Robert, I am warning you, fuck off." I take a step forward. We are face to face, equals in size and height.

"Or what Bryce?"

Both our breathing is increasing, the tension so evident that it is almost palatable. I would like to do nothing more than to beat the shit out of him right here, right now, but the voice that I hear stops me.

"Bryce? Who is it?" Kate is coming down the passage.

"I knew she would come running back to you." His voice is filled with disgust and before I can stop him, he has pushed past me and he enters my home.

"Rob, get the fuck out my house, now!" I make my way back inside and I am just about to grip him by his collar when Kate speaks.

"Rob?" I am so glad that she decided to dig in my cupboard. She is wearing one of my trackpants and her hair is tide up in that messy bun on top of her head.

"Hello baby." I clinch my fists as he speaks the words.

"Don't you fucking baby her." I move to stand in between the two of them.

"What are you doing here Rob? How did you even know where I was?" Kates voice is steady, no emotion at all.

"I had a feeling that you would be here. I had a feeling that you would come to him.." His voice is calm, almost concerned. "You told me where he stayed remember, that night that Zoe and I made pizza together."

"Fuck you Rob. Don't you dare talk about my daughter." I spit the words at him as she moves to stand next to me, closing the gap between us. She too can see the tension here.

'Rob, you need to go. Whatever we had is over. It ended the moment you decided to lay your hands on me. This is where I belong." She takes my hand in hers, and we both stand united against the intruder in my house. I can't help but feel a sense of victory.

"Oh, but is it Katey?" He walks towards her, towards us, and my whole body tenses. "How well do you know this man baby? Do you know what Bryce was up to when you were married? While you were being the perfect little wife? Do you know what he did?"

I need to shut him up; I need to get him out my house.

"Rob, seriously, get the fuck out. I am not telling you again." I let go of Kates hand and step up to meet him once again. If he says another word, I swear I am going to fucking punch him in that filthy fucking mouth of his. "Say one more word and I promise you that it will be your last."

"You worried Bryce? You worried that Kate will not look at you the same way anymore? You fucking cheating bastard" He whispers the words so soft that only I can hear them.

Cheating? What the fuck is he talking about? Cheating? I never cheated on Kate. Not once. Yeah, so I went on a website or two, but I never even chatted to anyone on those sites. Then it hits me, this guy thinks that I cheated on Kate with Lea. I almost laugh out loud. This psychotic asshole thinks that I was in his house that night sleeping with fucking Lea! He has nothing on me. Absolutely fucking nothing.

"Bryce what is he talking about?" Kate interrupts my thoughts.

"I have no idea Kate." I step away from him, and back to my beautiful Kates side. My body relaxes as I realise that I am good, Lea and I are safe. He doesn't know the truth. He doesn't know anything.

"Well Kate, let me tell you what I am talking about." Rob turns around and moves towards the lounge. What is he doing? Shit, Lea...

"This is what I am talking about." He has Lea by the back of her shirt, holding her up like puppet.

"Your fucking knight in shining armour was fucking my fiancé during your marriage Kate." Rob pushes Lea towards me, and without thinking twice I catch her. She is crying, tears run down her red cheeks.

I look up at Rob who has that same smug look plastered on his face, and then turn to look at Kate.

Confused and shocked at the same time; Kate looks over at the defeated and teary eyed Lea that is lying in my arms.

"Lea?"

Their eyes meet.

"Hello Kate..." she whispers back