Chapter 12

I am oddly nervous about tonight, and I don't like it at all. I finish my vodka and take a last look at myself in the mirror; I decided to go with black dress pants and a button up white shirt. I load the last bit of groceries that I bought for tonight's supper into my BMW, a bottle of white wine and juice. What the fuck, kiddies juice, can you imagine?

Tonight is going to be my ultimate opportunity to get under Bryce's skin and maybe I'll get under Kate's again. Just the thought of seeing her naked again gets me hard. I won't lie, the girl is amazing. She has got to be one of the best fucks I've ever had, and I have had many. It's quiet ironic that Bryce and I have the same taste in women; since college days.

I recall the day that I first saw Bryce. He was leaning against one of the grandstands that looked over the rugby field. He was big, bigger than me and he had that look about him; you know that look that just oozed cool. Megan noticed him too, and unfortunately for me, he noticed her.

My girlfriend of two years; taken from me just like that. To him, she was just another trophy, to me she was everything. He fucked her for a week and then one day he shows up to college and that's that, nobody ever saw him with another girl. There was talks of him dating a 'Kate', and I only ever saw her once from afar, while they were making out behind the workshops on a Saturday, after one of his rugby games. I had no idea it was her when I met her in the club.

Kate opens the door wearing tight blue jeans and a black button up blouse with a black strappy shirt underneath. Her hair hangs loose down her back. She has on a thin silver necklace with a heart pendant and long dangling earrings. Her makeup is plain, eye liner and mascara with just a hint of lip gloss, that make her lips look absolutely enticing.

Behind her, hanging on her belt loop is a beautiful little girl with long blond locks. She has Kate's eyes, able to see right into a person's soul. She is wearing black tights and a Minney mouse t-shirt. She peaks from behind Kate's leg.

"Hello ladies," I smile at the both of them.

"Hi Rob, come in please. This is Zoe," She pushes the blond hair princess slightly forward towards me. "Zoe, this is Rob, he is making us supper tonight."

Zoe smiles at me, but her interest is more focused at the content of the grocery bags.

"Hi Zoe, your mom never told me that you are so beautiful and so big? Do you want to see what I got you?" I go down to her level, and dig out the grape juice and packet of smarties.

"Can I give her this mommy?" I look up at Kate and she gives me a small nod and a smile.

"Mommy says yes!" Zoe takes my offering with a huge smile and a small thank you. Cute kid. "Mommy can I eat them now?"

"You can have your juice now baby, but let's keep the sweeties for after supper ok?"

With eyes rolling, Zoe agrees.

We move into Kate's kitchen as I place the ingredients of tonight's supper on the kitchen counter. Zoe is buzzing around us, doing everything in her power to get my intention. Kate tells me that Madison is taking a nap, but will mostly likely wake up as soon as she sits down to relax.

"So things can get a bit hectic for you alone with the two of them." I open the bottle of White wine and pass her her glass.

"Yip I guess it can, but nothing that I can't manage. It is a treat you cooking for us tonight though. What's on the menu Jamie Oliver?" She takes a peak over my shoulder.

"Well tonight ladies and uh, ladies, we will be having my speciality. I will be serving the best dish known to man; Spaghetti Bolognaise." I try put on my best Italian accent, and Zoe thinks I am hilarious. "I hope that's ok; I was nervous about what to cook, so I had to ask my receptionist what kids like, she said her 5 year old loves Spaghetti?"