Chapter 2

The shriek from my Cell phone pulls me out my heartache. I have to change this ringtone. The name on my screen flashes MEGS, with a picture of my dearest friend and her signature look; red lips, black eyeliner and earing outlining every inch of her ears. I swipe across the screen.

"Hey my bitch."

"Hey yourself. What you doing? No wait let me guess, you are sitting on the couch, with a cup of coffee watching PS I Love You, wishing that you had married Gerard Butler instead." The mockery in her tone is evident.

Ah Megs, I swear she only opens her mouth sometimes to insult me. But I guess that is just who she is. Always has been. I met her in Grade 11; she was the new girl. On her first day she had somehow managed to spill the entire contents of a blue pen all over her orange uniform. She didn't give a damn. I remember how Tyrone Masters, the so called cool guy, tried to tease her about it, and before another insulting word could pass his audacious uppity mouth, she had knocked seven shades of shit out of him. That was the moment I knew me and her would be great friends.

"Actually No," I coolly reply, "I am drinking a glass of red wine and I don't wish I married Gerard Butler, I would like to have maybe hooked up with him, you know keep it casual..." I always feel so empowered when I speak to her. She doesn't judge me and she always manages to make me smile, even when all I want to do is cry.

"Ok, yeah that would be better, I concur. So anyway, I'm at your gate."

Sitting up, pushing Zoe's cat off my lap with a loud thump, I peak out the window and find Megs' car lights are peaking back me.

"What the hell, what you doing here?" I'm in no mood for visitors, even Megs.

"Just open the gate, you wasting my airtime."

"Urgh, fine..."

I sluggishly walk to the kitchen, and find my gate remote. Whilst walking towards the front door, I can already here Megs getting out her car. Before I could even open the door, Megs is bursting through.

"Get dressed." Her perfume hits me like a brick wall.

It takes me a minute to catch my breath, my lungs welcome the fresh air as I waft the door a few times to try drown out the smell.

"Hello to you too! I am dressed. Don't I look just gorgeous?" I give my best impression of a Kim K butt pose.

"Um no, you look like shit, and I'm serious. Go get dressed, we are going out." I watch her as she pours herself a glass of wine, messing some on my counter, not bothering to wipe it up. As her heals click on the wooden floor, I notice that this girl is dressed to the nines. She is wearing a black halter neck top that lays over her hips and black tights. Silver heals with diamante straps that match her diamante bracelets and little skull earrings perfectly. She looks gorgeous and dangerous at the same time.

"Ah No, we are not going out and which street corner are you planning on standing on with those hooker heals." I give a quick and down gesture with my hand, as I lean against the counter and take a sip of my wine.

Her black lined eyes give me a piercing look, followed by her all too familiar middle figure, "I'm not planning on standing on a street corner with these babies, I'm planning on leaving them underneath a strangers bed."

"Touche!" as I lift my wine glass to cheers hers.

We stand giggling in the kitchen as she tells me all about her latest doomed relationship. Megs tell me apparently he was just too much of a mommies boy – he stilled stayed at his parents house and sleeping over there was definitely not her idea of fun.