Chapter Forty

We pulled up to the Sammy's Ice cream parlor and got out, some of the workers were sweeping.
"Hello welcome to Sammy's what can I get for you ?"
Shari stepped up and got cookie dough ice cream on a cone, I got the same in a cup and we sat down and I got on Instagram.
People were still talking about the picture making rumors that I was already Devins girlfriend and I was just meeting his family as a whole.
One girl commented
"It makes sense how could Lexi like HER so quickly?"
-- um maybe because she's nice and we're all humans who get turnt daily, in couch or in her case on stage and mind our own business 🤔
I didn't comment it though I'm just over it. "What's wrong ? I know that face." Shari said licking ice cream off her finger "I showed her some choice, hater posts concerning me and dev's picture and me and Lexi's selfie in the car the other day.
"There's something going on with you and Devin ?" She asked
"Well, we like each other were taking it slowly pretty much, no dates yet and nothing exclusive." I said blushing a bit swirling my spoon in my ice cream "address it the same way I addressed my depression and body shamming haters, maturely, straight to the point, and stand by your words. It won't stop everything but they'll have to know you mean business." She said eat her ice cream
" I don't even know where to start, I mean if Devin ask me out I'm sure as hell not letting people who barely know me or don't even know me at all stand in the way of a possibility of there being an us . But I've dealt with it at school, so it being online is starting to bore me too, yesterday I just couldn't deal, there were so many comments and screenshots."
"It gets that way sometimes, but be about you're money and you're business and if you really want to be with Devin it shouldn't matter ." She said I nodded "trust me it doesn't thank you Shari." I said "you're welcome, girl" she hugged me and everyone had come to sit as we finished our ice creams.