7. Like an Animal (part 1)

If u guys weren't already aware, when they speak in italics, it means they are speaking in thought. Just wanted to make sure u guys knew beforehand :P

Huffing and growling, Frost paced across the cage. She had woken up minutes prior, and was now very angry. She was chained. Chained! Like an animal! 

Nina was quiet. Trying to think of a way to get out of this cage while Frost kept on pacing around. Although the chain around her neck made it difficult to pace too far, she still made an attempt at it. 

Hearing footsteps approaching them, Frost was about to start barking when Nina suddenly told her to calm down and pretend to be asleep. 

Before the footsteps entered the room, Frost quickly lay on the floor and closed her eyes. She still had the urge to growl at the people who were in the room with her, but she kept quiet for Nina's sake. 

"My my my" A female voice stated "What is this beauty" 

"Ma'am, Gunther found this one in an alleyway." 

"An alleyway!?" The woman was beyond intrigued. When she had laid her eyes upon the wolf, she had assumed it had been stolen from an illegal breeder. This animal was worth a fortune. "how long do you think it would take to breed it with another wolf?" 

"breed!!!?!?! Oh hell no!" Nina was beyond infuriated. "weren't you the one who suggested we stay calm?" Frost said, still pretending to be asleep. 

"Well, we would have to go through the potential candidates, but I think we can make it work" 

"How long will it take" The woman asked again

"Maybe a few days......a week at most" 

"Give us a couple hours, we'll be gone by then" Nina had already started devising a plan in her head. Frost, being able to hear Ninas thoughts, had complete access to this plan, and boy, did she like it. 

"You know, for someone who's never been in a situation like this, you sure do think quick on your feet" Frost complimented

**********************************************

After the woman and the man exited the room, Frost got back up and started sniffing her surroundings. She knew exactly what to do from what Nina had shared in their head, and although she was quite nervous, she was also very excited. 

After making sure at least a couple of people were close enough so that they would be able to hear her, Frost started to growl and whine, all while throwing herself to the ground and shaking on the floor. 

After a couple minutes of doing this, she heard footsteps start to run towards her. She continued convulsing and shaking. 

"Shit! Whats happening!" Jingling of keys were heard

"Help! Help! Problem in station 17! I repeat, problem in station 17!" A walkie talkie sounded in the background

"What is going on in here!" A new voice boomed as footsteps began getting closer to a still shaking Frost. Nina recognized her as the one from earlier. 

"Ma'am! we just heard it making noise and found it like this!" The door of the cage was now opened. Frost was about to get up and attack but Nina stopped her "not yet. Wait a bit more" 

"What are you waiting for! Go grab it!" The woman yelled. Her anger building at the fact that she could lose a fortune if this beast were to die. 

Looking towards the two guards who were approaching her, Frost suddenly froze and lay still on the ground. She tried slowing her breathing as much as possible in order to make it seem like she were dead.