Once Upon A Bloody Crown Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

I held down my anger and just gave them a playful wave when they drove off.

Well, Tristan. Two can play at that game.

Blake's P.O.V.

Everyday, he just has to piss me off one way or another. Whether if it’s a sarcastic comment or switching someone’s alarm off. I was now determined to get back at that jerk. Maybe I should start with an embarrassing rumor?

*you’re not in middle school anymore,* Eleanor’s voice echoed through.

Yes, I know it’s childish but it’s at least an idea. 

*Blake, instead of thinking of a guy you shouldn’t be thinking of on a date; start paying attention to the one you are sitting next to you now. Who is your ‘boyfriend’.* 

“Blake? Blake...Blake!” Tristan shook me ruffly by the shoulders.

“Sorry, what did you say?” I looked around and noticed the movie was finished and everyone had left apart from us.

“Are you okay? You’ve been spacing out a lot, is something bothering you?” Tristan said with full concern. “Is it Jace?” The name instantly made my head turn.

“No! How could you-Why would you think that?” I puzzled and quickly stood up to leave.

*See, even he notices,* Eleanor sighed. ‘Stop it. Please.’ What the hell was I thinking last night asking Jace to stay. 'This is getting ridiculous,’ I told Eleanor. I was getting more annoyed and confused by the second. 

“Blake, wait.” He pulled me to the side which was next to a wall that was filled with movie posters at the corner of the main entrance. “Look, I’m sorry. I guess hearing you or seeing you coming out of his house got me thinking of many things. I could tell you liked Jace since you came to the school and-”

“Tristan, are you doing what I think you’re doing?”

“Well, is there any part of you that wants to stop me? Do you even feel the same anymore?” He managed edge me right up against the cold concrete wall, away from everyone’s eye. 

“I-I-mph!” He completely silenced me, kissing me furiously against the wall with his body pressed forcefully against mine. “T-Tris-tan!” I tried to make him stop but he just kissed me harder and wrapped his arms around me tighter to stop me from pushing him away. "Pwe-ase!...Let me-"

Dear god, soon I won’t be able to breathe! 

One-second I almost suffocating and the next, all the oxygen manage to get in as I heard a loud thud. My eyes shot over to Tristan who was now lying on the ground gripping his head in agony. A shadow had loomed over me taking over his place and acted like a protective shield.

“Are you okay?” Rayne whispered as he patted my shoulder to try to calm me down. It was then that I realised I was heavily panting and in shock at everything that just happened. 

“I’m sorry Blake,” Tristan’s weak voice creeped up on me. Looking over at him again and I noticed something about him had changed. Something odd, but I just couldn’t pin-point it exactly...was it his eyes? It had a darker feeling to it as I stared.

“Hm, so I was right about you.” I heard Rayne mumble to himself before he replied to Tristan. “It’s over, Tristan. Stay away from Blake.”

“Who are you to order me around?!” Tristan tried to lung at Rayne in fury but he was too fast for Tristan, making him almost tumbling over as he missed. 

“Please, Tristan...stop.” I said and he immediately looked over. “You’re right, my feelings for you...they never exceeded to beyond friends as we continued to date. I’m sorry, I should have ended it when I knew a while ago. I’m sorry.”