The Row Boat

*So this chapter gets a bit... mature at the end so if you can't handle it stop reading after they get home! Thank you, enjoy!*

We ended up in a deserted park; there was nothing there, not even a single person. I was started to get discouraged that we’d find anything fun to do today, until Zayn opened my door and grabbed my hand, helping me out of the SUV.

“Where are we?” I asked.

“Be patient.” He said, still holding my hand he walked me towards a bushy area.

          I was getting hit in the face my branches; I was not a happy camper.

“Close your eyes.” Zayn said.

“I’m wearing heels and we’re in the middle of the woods. I’m sorry but I can’t.”

“Close your eyes, please?” He begged.

          I closed my eyes and felt someone pick me up; Zayn was now carrying me to the unknown destination.

“We’re here.” He set me down, gently.

          I opened my eyes and saw a lake; it was twinkling from the reflection of the sun. It was beautiful; I then noticed a boat, a row boat with a cute pink umbrella and a picnic basket inside.

“You didn’t!?” I asked in shock of the wonderful surprise.

“Well, I didn’t… my friend did, but I called him and asked him to do it!” He said, hoping I would still give him credit.

“You’re amazing.” I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him passionately.

          Zayn held my hand and helped me into the boat, making sure my clumsy self didn’t fall into the water. I sat on the pretty pink pillow that was on the bench in the boat, he has amazing taste in style.

“What made you do all of this?” I asked, truly touched by his act.

“Well I figured since you’re leaving soon I had to do something sweet so you wouldn’t forget about me.” He said, looking down at his feet.

“Me forget about you? Zayn, you’re the famous one who could have any girl he wanted… why would you ever even think I’d forget about you?” I asked, heartbroken by the question.

“I already have the girl I want, you Penelope. I get that you’re worried about the attention that I get, but I promise you I’m not going anywhere. I know I haven’t officially made you mine yet but there’s a reason for that.”

“What might that reason be?” I asked.

“What if you go back home and realize you can’t do this? You can’t be with someone who’s not always there physically with you? As much as I wish I could be, I can’t. I would understand if you wanted to call it quits but if you’re not my girlfriend when you do that it will hurt a lot less, for you AND me. I’m not always going to be right there when you want me to but if you give me the chance prove myself to you that I will do my best to make you happy I promise you won’t regret it, if that works then we’ll be sure we can take the next step and become official.”

“I understand, I won’t go against your wishes but I will let you know that regardless of how far you are from me I will always want to be yours.” I said, reassuring him I wasn’t going anywhere.

“Thank you for being so understanding.” He wrapped his arm around my waist.

          Hours passed on the boat, we spent it talking about everything, our dreams, and our goals in life. We began to see the moon and little lights around the side of the boat lit up, it was beautiful. Zayn grabbed the picnic basket which contained a bottle of champagne and two wine glasses. He poured two even glasses and toasted.