The Delivery Girl

After breakfast we all started to get dressed for the day, I hopped in the shower first. I didn’t take a very long shower, compared to Harry’s… He took at least 30 minutes to wash his hair! After he was done he yelled my name and I was cautious not to wing the door open in fright that I might see his nude body, boy would that be awkward.

“Yes?” I asked.

“There aren’t any towels in here.” Harry responded, giggling.

“I’ll be right back with some from the laundry room!”

          I walked downstairs and I started to hear him sing. He was singing I Want It That Way – Backstreet Boys, my hearts fluttered, I’m such a sucker for boy bands but his voice was beautiful, it sounded so much more gentle than it did on television. I must’ve stopped walking and zoned out to his voice because he stopped singing and yelled my name.

“Sorry! They were still in the dryer!” I lied.

“Thank you Penny!” Harry said as I snuck my arm through the door and handed him the towels, looking in the opposite direction.

“No problem, anything else you need?” I asked.

“Yeah, but now; I have to talk to you later.” The last seven words made my heart drop and my stomach turn… what did he have to talk to me about? The first thing that came to my mind was that he overheard my conversation with Niall this morning. I must’ve turned pale because Niall walked down the hallway and immediately asked what was wrong.

“Nothing, I was just giving towels to Harry!” I lied.

“Oh, alright haha you gave me a fright.” He said rubbing my shoulder.

          The rest of the day went by slowly, I was patiently waiting for Harry to approach me and have this “talk” he told me he needed to have. By 6 o’clock I couldn’t take it anymore, I dragged him to the kitchen and reminded him that he needed to talk to me.

“Harry, what did you have to talk to me about?” I asked.

“Oh! Right, thanks for reminding me. It’s about Caroline.” He responded.

“What about her…?” I asked, getting a tad jealous.

“We broke up.”

“Are you alright?” I asked.

“Yeah, but I figured since you listened to my problems with her you had the right to know!”

“Can I tell you how much of a heart attack you gave me all day?” I said, relieved.

“Why?” He chuckled.

“I’m a girl, I have the power to over analyze everything and think of the worst possible situations, ever.”

“Well, that’s all! I’m starved, let’s eat! What do you want for dinner?” He politely asked.

“You choose, I hate choosing.”

“Hm, pizza?” He asked.

“Sure! Can we get pepperoni though? It’s the only kind I like.” I asked.

“YOU LIKE PEPPERONI TOO?! We’re totes more best friends than you and Louis are!” He said grabbing me in an attack bear hug, this time… I hugged him back.

“Niall, what kind of pizza do you want?!” I yelled into the TV room.

“Pepperoni please!” He yelled back.

“Okay, so two pepperoni pizzas? You and I can split one and Niall can have his own?” Harry asked.

“Sure, thank you. I’ll pay!” I added.

“Ha. No you won’t. What? You don’t think I’m a true gentleman?” Harry teased.

“Harold Edward Styles. I’m paying.”

“Assertive, me likey.” He teased.

“Oh hush.” I said hitting his arm.

“Ouch.” He said, beginning to make a puppy dog face… he was so cute. I gazed out… AGAIN. He began snapping in my face, he was blushing. Why?

          It took 20 minutes for the pizza to get here, the delivery person was a female, she was very masculine looking; she wasn’t polite either. As I told Harry, I paid. The girl snatched the money out of my hands and said “Here” She placed the pizzas on the ground and was about to turn around and walk away when Harry walked up to me, she started staring, I began to get jealous.

“Oh, hey babe.” I grabbed onto Harry’s hand.

“Hey beautiful!” He responded, going along with my plan to make the girl jealous. “Why are our pizzas on the ground?” He asked.

“This oh so lovely delivery girl placed them there.”

“Well that’s not very nice.” He said looking at me.

“You’re Harry Styles…” She blurted out.

“Indeed, I am and those are my pizzas, mind picking them up and handing them to my girlfriend for me?” He asked, full of attitude.

“Oh, uhm sorry. Here you go ma’am.”

“Thank you.” I said with clear attitude before slamming the door in her face. As soon as the door closed Harry and I began dying of laughter, the look on her face was priceless! We high fived each other and began chowing down our delicious pizza.

“Thanks Harry!” Niall said as he finished his last slice of pizza.

“Don’t thank me; it was your lovely sister that paid! She would’ve killed me if I gave that girl a penny!” Harry said laughing. Niall came over and kissed me on the cheek and whispered “He’s a smart boy.” And went back into the TV room to watch cartoons.

          There was one slice of pepperoni pizza left and Harry and I went to go grab it at the same time, our hands butted into each other.

“Oh, sorry. Have it, it’s yours!” I said eager for him to take it.

“You paid, it’s yours.” He said slapping the piece of pizza onto my plate. I got a pizza cutter and cut the slice in half, I put the bigger half on his plate.

“Bon appetite.” I said.

“Thank you, Penny.” Harry said smiling. The smile that made me quiver.

          I’m starting to believe Niall; maybe I do have a crush on Harry. I know for a fact that I do not love Harry but he just gives me feelings I never had before, he makes me so happy just by smiling, his laugh is my favorite sound, and he’s never awkward or boring. He’s every girls dream guy, which is exactly why I’m not going to tell him or try anything with him, he’ll fall in love with a sexy pop star and I’ll be left alone with jealousy and heart break.