Optimism

Grease ended and I got up and shot to the bathroom to change to avoid all contact with Harry, the only thing on my mind was sleeping in Zayn’s room.

“Hey Niall, I’m going to sleep in Zayn’s room tonight, he wants to get to know each other!” I told Niall.

“Have fun.” He said winking at me.

          I grabbed my pillow and walked into Zayn’s room.

“Hey.” I smiled.

“Hey! Make yourself comfortable!”

          I sat on his bed, his oh so comfortable bed and crossed my legs and threw my hair up into a ponytail.

“You don’t mind if I get changed do you? I could go into the bathroom if you’re un comfortable with that.” He asked.

“No it’s fine, go ahead.” I said, not minding it since it was his room.

          He stripped his shirt off and I saw his ripped stomach and chest, I know I’ve seen them before but I couldn’t help but blush.

“Are you alright?” He winked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I giggled.

“Come sit down.” I said, patting the bed next to me.

“So… what do you want to know?” Zayn asked, that started the four hour vent session that ended in tears… I wasn’t the one crying either.

“Zayn! Look at me! Why are you crying?” I said, grabbing his chin.

“I’m just so thankful for everything, it’s just now hitting me how much I truly have. I’m living my dream, I have 4 amazing brothers, an amazing career, and I get to do what I love best; I get to sing to millions of people who love me and appreciate me for who I am and what I do… that would make anybody cry.”

          I grabbed his head and laid it down on my lap as he sobbed, it touched my heart to know someone as selfless as him, he was truly grateful for everything in his life.

“You’re perfect… do you know that?” I asked him.

“Penelope, I’m going to give you something someone should’ve given you a long time ago…” He placed his warm hand on my cheeks ever so gently and kissed me, slowly. It made my body tingle and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, this is what I’ve wanted for so long and I’ve finally gotten it. I now know why I’ve longed for my first kiss so badly; it was truly a mind blowing, heartwarming experience.

“Whoa.” Was all I could say when he release my cheeks.

“Congratulations Penelope, you’ve officially had your first kiss and I’m honored that I’m the one who got to give it to you.” He looked at me and smiled.

“Zayn… what did you feel when you kissed me?” I asked.

“Well, it’s different with every person you kiss because you have different feelings for different people. You? It was like it made my blood boil and my head spin. I don’t know what that means but if you’re willing to… I’d like to find out.” He said, my heart was pounding… I could hear it beating out of my own chest.

“What are you implying?” I asked.

“I want to take ‘us’ further… do you think maybe we could start ‘talking?’ I don’t want to rush into this relationship but I know I definitely want you… would that be okay?” He asked.

“So what? Like friends with benefits minus the benefits?” I said, implying that we wouldn’t be having sex and hooking up all of the time like normal friends with benefits do.

“Well no, friend with benefits… with benefits because being with you, being able to hold you, being able to kiss you, that right there is the biggest benefit there it.” He said, I grinned enormously.

“I would be honored to be your FWB.” I gave myself a nickname.

“Good, now I can do this anytime I want.” He grabbed my face yet again and crashed his soft, pink lips into mine making an explosion of nerves shoot throughout my body.

“I can do that anytime I want, right? We’re not keeping it a secret are we?” He asked.

“I mean, if you don’t mind your fans knowing you’re with a weird nobody from Ireland then sure, be my guest. I don’t mind, I’m neither ashamed nor embarrassed to be ‘with’ you.” I said. Lowering my self esteem.

          He sternly grabbed my chin and looked straight into my eyes. “Don’t EVER say anything like that ever again, you are GORGEOUS Penelope. You have no idea how excited I am to show you off to everybody. The second I saw you, I wanted you. Even though you’re not my official girlfriend… yet doesn’t mean I’m not going to brag and show you off because you are like a trophy, EVERY body will love you, even the jealous fans they’ll envy you but they’ll be glad you’re making me happy.” He boosted my self esteem way up.

“Thank you, Zayn… I’m really happy we’re a ‘thing’ now. I feel like my life has meaning, to make you happy. I won’t do you wrong, I promise.” I said smiling and grabbing his hand.

          We cuddled until we drifted off, I fell asleep with his arm wrapped around me securely. I was feeling really optimistic about my life now. I couldn’t wait to wake up to see him face again and hear his angelic voice.

          This was a new beginning.