Sleeping Beauty

It’s been 2 weeks since Niall and Harry left me, both have kept in touch, thankfully. Harry calls me every day at 8 o’clock PM, London time. He tells me about his day, the interviews, the fans he meets, and last night he told me that he met this girl named Hannah, he told me what she looked like, what he thought of her, and how he was taking her to a movie this weekend. He’s tried calling me today, I haven’t answered; I figured I’ll just tell him I fell asleep. I didn’t want to risk hearing about Hannah again, I know we’re not dating but it still hurts? I can’t be mad at him; I haven’t even told him I like him, which probably wouldn’t change anything anyway.

          I decided to Skype with Niall, he has a separate hotel room as Harry this time, Liam was bunking with Niall. I asked Niall if he could call me, seconds later my laptop lit up saying I had a call from “The Best friend! (:”

“Hi Niall.” I greeted.

“Still bummed?” He asked.

“I’m trying to forget about the whole thing, I’m starting to think it was just the alcohol talking for him that night.”

*Knock Knock*

“Who’s that?” I asked Niall.

“Sh, be quiet; it’s Harry.” Niall said before nearly shutting his laptop lid.

          I heard a distant conversation; I didn’t start paying attention until I heard my name.

“Hey, any of you heard from Penny?”

“No, sorry mate.”

“Oh, alright. She hasn’t answered her phone all night; I got worried; I guess she’s just busy, or asleep. If you do hear from her let me know?”

“Of course, get some sleep; we have an early interview tomorrow.”

“Alright, g’night.”

          I heard the door close.

“Niall?” I asked.

“See, he cares Penn.” He responded, picking up his laptop lid.

“Hey, Penelope a piece of advice? Call him back, he’s obviously worried. I hope everything works out, smile honey.” Liam said.

“Okay, thank you Liam. Good night!” I said, waving.

“Good night love.”

“Niall, I’ll call you on Skype tomorrow?”

“Of course, good luck Penn. I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said, blowing him a kiss before I hung up.

          Part of me didn’t want to call Harry, nervous that I’d hear more about Hannah. He was worried, and that made me feel bad so I picked up my phone and clicked on the name “Him <3”

“Penny?!” I heard a nervous voice yell.

“Yes, that’d be me.” I said bluntly.

“Where were you?” He asked.

“I haven’t been feeling well.”

“Like the flu? I heard that’s spreading like a wild fire.”

“No, my stomach just feels funny and my chest hurts.” I wasn’t lying, my stomach turned thinking about him and Hannah, and it broke my heart which was in my chest, I'm a clever one huh?

“If I was there, I’d take care of you.”

“Thank you, I would appreciate that.”

“I have to tell you something…” Harry said, making my heart race and my head spin.

“Yeah?...”

“I really missed you today, I don’t know why. I just want to fall asleep with you again.”

“Harry… are you drunk?”

“No, I mean it.”

“I have a question.”

“Anything.” He responded.

“Do you remember the night before you left? Like… our talk? 20 questions? What you told me before we went to sleep?”

“That you’re perfect in my eyes and that no one is worthy of you?”

“You remembered…” I muttered.

“Was I supposed to forget?”

“No, it’s just… never mind.”

“Penny, you can’t do that. You brought it up, you have to tell me.”

“Then why would you tell me something like that, apparently mean it, have me believe it, fall for your ass even harder, then bring up another girl?!” I snapped, I couldn’t bottle my thoughts anymore.

“You fell for me?”

“I like you. That’s all, but I like a bit too much and it’s really fucking hard to hear you talk about another girl that you have feelings for.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know…” He apologized.

“I can’t do this tonight. I’m sorry Harry but I'm just about to burst into tears and I HATE crying, I’m just going to sleep it off. Good night, I hope you sleep well.” I hung up and threw my phone across the room and screamed into my pillow.

          Part of me feels guilty for yelling at him, but the other part feels good. I finally got that off of my chest, I just know it’s going to be awkward between us two now… ugh.

          I drifted off to sleep, and had the weirdest dream. I was in a garden, I was sitting on the ground looking at the flowers, and it started to pour. I ran to the nearest roofed area, it was a gas station. I bought a bag of gummy worms and ate them in the rain. Yeah, I was confused by my dream too.

          I decided to text Harry a good morning apology, I felt really bad about last night.

          3 hours go by, no response from Harry. I figured he was still upset so I sent him another apology, this one had sad faces in it. Pulling the guilt card!

“Hey Penn!” I got a text from Niall.

“Hey. :/” I responded.

“What the matter, love?”

“Is Harry with you?” I asked.

“Nope, he’s in his room, probably asleep.”

“Oh, okay.”

“Why?”

“He isn’t responding to my texts, I snapped on him last night and I'm trying to apologize now, I told him I like him…”

“WHAT?!”

“Yeah…” I confessed.

“Oh my, well when he wake up I’ll let you know. I have to go, just wanted to say I love you and I miss you!”

“I love and miss you too Niall, bye!” I texted before resting my phone down on the table and going to get a shower.