What Happened?

Lana doesn't hear anything else, except that one word. The one that dooms her, makes her defective. She hopes Daniel doesn't leave her. Sterile.Daniel's always wanted kids. They can still adopt, but she still can't physically produce children of her own.

Once the doctor finishes, Lana darts out the door and back to the car. Her sobs shock Lex,"What's wrong, Lana?" Lex's eyes fill with concern.

"I-I can't have kids, Lex," Lana lets out another sob.

Lex wraps an arm around Lana, wanting to comfort her," Daniel's going to leave me," she sobs out.

"No, he won't. You guys can still adopt. He loves you Lana," Lex tells her.

"Can you just take me home, so I can tell him?" Lana asks.

"Yeah, okay," Lex pulls out of the parking lot.

"Hey, mum?"

"Yes," Gina answers.

"I was wondering if you could come in a week. Atta and I's wedding's gonna be sooner than planned."

"In a week?!" Gina exclaims.

Luke goes into another room," Atta's brother's gonna come to stop it in about a week and a half. He can't stop what's already happened," Luke explains.

"Yeah, ok. I think I could work something out," Gina tells him," I wouldn't miss your wedding for the world, Luke," Gina tells Luke.

"Thanks mum. Love you."

"Love you too," the line clicks, and Luke puts his phone back in his pocket, before heading back to Atta.

She's looking up something online, her lips scrunched up in concentration.

Luke plops down next to her," What're you looking at?"

"Places, we could get married at," Atta states showing Luke the screen.

"Where do you want to get married?" Luke asks.

"A meadow somewhere, with wildflowers," Atta answers.

"What about this place?" Luke points to one of the pictures.

"It's perfect," Atta leans down to kiss his lips softly.

As soon as Lana's out of the car, she heads up to Daniel's room. She needs to tell him.

" D-Daniel?" her shoulders shake from sobbing.

"Oh my God, Lana what's wrong?" Daniel's arms come around her.

Lana just sobs into his chest. After a couple of minutes she regains her composure,"I'm sterile."

Daniel pulls her back to arm's length,"I'm sorry, what?"

"I can't have kids, Daniel," Lana sobs. Daniel's face is absolute shock.

Lana's sobs worsen, when she hears him thump down the stairs, the door slam, and his motorcycle start up.

Lana falls to the ground her sobs filling the house. She feels an arm wrapped around her, but doesn't care enough to see who it is.

Daniel opens his eyes, his head pounding. He moves his head, and his eyes widen at the person laying next to him. It's not Lana. It's Lucy?! He quickly stands, slipping his clothes back down. He needs to get back to Lana. But as soon as he starts walking, he staggers. His head dizzy. Everything spinning. He manages to get outside, the sun blinding him.

"Hey, Luke, I need you to pick me up."

"Hey, guys, good morning!" Atta's smile soon drops at her crying friend.