If Only Things Were Simple

Luke's phone bleeps. Ariana's linked him in a post. His curiosity gets the best of him. He looks down at it and his stomach drops: Hey everyone, just spotted Luke's girlfriend and Beau acting VERY friendly, and thought you guys should see for yourselves. No one likes a cheater :). Attached are about five pictures of Beau and Atta. The first is taken from outside the girls' house. Atta's in Beau's arms. The second has them walking together. The third has Beau's arm around Atta's shoulders, and the last has Atta kissing Beau's cheek in his car, her hair now turquoise.

Luke, steps out of his stopped car and knocks on the door," Hey Luke, Daniel and I were just heading back out. Atta should be back soon enough, you can go up and wait in her room," Lana and Beau walk out of the house quickly enough, leaving Luke to his own. He heads up the stairs to Atta's room. He goes and sits at her desk chair. It looks like Atta's just uploaded a video. Luke, spins the chair, and trying to stop himself, he accidently hits the mouse pad trying to stop himself.

Atta sits on the screen," Hey, Chandler. So, I know I haven't talked to you in a while, I've just been busy with Luke. He's pretty amazing. But that doesn't mean I don't still miss you. I think I always will, just like how there'll always be a part of my heart dedicated just to you. I mean you were pretty much my first everything. I still remember when people found out at my school. I hated the attention, people were suddenly giving me. But I pushed through it. You were so awesome..."

Lex sits on Jai's bed," I'm gonna have a red stain on my neck for like the next week because of you," she complains.

"You still love me though, Babe," Jai presses a short and sweet kiss to his lips.

"Yes I do, Bae," Lex laughs against his lips.

Thunder booms, in the distance," I guess our take out's gonna be late, huh, Babe?" Jai pulls Lex into his lap.

"I guess so," Lex looks at Jai's face. She flips herself around, so her knees are on both sides of Jai's legs.

She puts her hands on both sides of his cheeks, and lays a kiss to his lips.

"I had a really good time, Marcy," James tells his date," Sorry about the rain ruining your hair."

"I guess it won't kill me. But, this was definitely a good time," Marcy leans up and kisses James on the lips," How about you take me out again next Friday?" she whispers in his ear in her usual flirty tone.

"Sounds great," James responds.

"Well, see you later, James," Marcy tells him, and she shuts her door.

James cheers in his head. If only he knew the trainwreck it would bring to his life.

Lana races Daniel down the boardwalk," Wait up," he calls to her.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,"she keeps running towards the beach. Leaving Daniel behind.

"Come on, Lana," Daniel attempts to catch up to her.

Lana suddenly disappears from his sight. His brain flashes back to the night Lana got kidnapped. His heart stops, and his breath quickening.

Suddenly, something jumps on his back,"Got you."

Daniel's heart starts beating again, and his breathing returns to normal," Don't you dare ever do that again. You had me scared someone tried to take you again," Lan jumps off, and comes to face Daniel.

The wind whips her hair in her face, the rain, soaking them," I'm never going to leave you. You're my Pancake," Daniel still doesn't look at her.

Her hands come to his cheeks, and forces him to look into her eyes," Hey, I'm not going anywhere, okay, I love you. And you were the one who was going to leave me."

"I won't ever again. I love you too much, Bacon," Daniel rests their foreheads together.

Lana leans up, and presses her lips  to his. And even though the wind and rain whip at them, they stay routed in place, holding onto each other.

Jai runs to open the door," You ordered pizza?"

Jai looks at him weirdly," What the he** are you doing Beau?"

"Oh, I crossed the pizza man in the entry. I payed him, since I figured you'd share with your loving older brother," Beau hands Jai the pizza, and hurries upstairs to get changed.

"Babe, pizza's here!" Jai yells.

Lex's head pops up from behind the doorway of the living room. She grabs it from him and heads to the kitchen. She grabs some plates, napkins, and pours some pop in some glasses.

Jai leans over and presses a kiss against her lips. Lex responds by wrapping her arms around his neck. She brings one of them up to dig into his fluffy brown hair. Jai, wraps his arms tightly around her waist.

"Hey guys, what're-UGH, NOT ON MY FOOD!" Beau walks into the kitchen.

Jai pulls away, and Lex blushes, before taking some of the food, and bringing it to the living room. Jai takes the other half.  The door opens and closes, and James appears. He sits down next to Beau.

"So how was your date?" Lex asks, Jai's arm snaked around her waist.

"It was great. I'm taking her out again next Friday,"he answers.

"That's great James!" Lana jumps on him, her hair wet, but the rest of her dry.

"Our little baby's all grown up," Lana grabs James' chin.

"I know, I'm so proud," Beau says in a fake woman's voice, miming wiping away tears.

Luke watches another, and another until he's seen them all. Luke hears the door open, and he spins around. He sees Atta's silhouette. She turns on the light.

"Luke, what's wrong?" Atta comes closer.

She looks beautiful. He can't deny it. Her new hair, perfectly depicting her differentness. He puts his head in his hands," Luke what's wrong? Tell me, please you're worrying me," she lays a hand on his arm.

"I-I found the videos, Atta," he looks up.

"Oh. I uh, make them, since I can't go visit his grave," she tells him.

"Is that how you felt? That it would just go away, it was some sort of fluke?" his brown eyes full of pain.

"Luke, I-"

"I saw the pictures of you with Beau. My own brother-" his voice cracks, and he has no choice but to bury his head in his hands again.

"Luke, Beau was just being a good friend. I-I was missing Chandler," she forces out, her eyes downcast.

He looks up," That's why you pushed me away this morning, you were missing him?!"

"I-I," Atta chokes on her emotion.

Luke stands," Please, just tell me you love me, Atta, I can't deal with knowing you don't, because I'm so head over heels for you, I can't breathe knowing you're not okay. Please tell me you love me," Atta looks up at him. A tear falls down his cheek matching the many on hers.

"I-I," Luke runs out the door.

"LUKE! Wait!" Atta runs out after him. The rain soaking them in seconds time.

Atta catches his arm, Luke can't deny the electric shock it sends through him. He turns," Can you say for sure if Chandler, were still alive, you'd be with me?!"

Not being able to answer, Atta presses her lips against his, pouring all her emotions into it. Her arms wrap around his neck, his grasp at her waist, like they need each other to survive.

Luke pulls away," Well? Can you?!" when Atta doesn't answer, he heads to his car, forcing himself to ignore her heart tearing screaming of his name. He shuts the door and drives. Tears keep falling out of his eyes, and he can't stop them. That's when he hears those opening lines. Paramore's The Only Exception. His and Atta's song. His sobs come out freely now,"F*CK YOU! F*CK YOU!" he screams his voice hoarse.

When suddenly, he sees bright lights, and everything goes dark.

His last thought, Atta's smiling face.