The Appearance of the Soul Sucker

Lana opens her eyes slowly. Her body feeling like it's trying to murder her. She shoves her head in the pillow," Here," Lana looks up to see Daniel holding a water bottle. She takes it. The few sips making her feel slightly better,"You left," he lays her head in his lap.

"I came back. Atta called me and told me, someone kidnapped you," he softly strokes her hair.

"I thought you were done with me," she says softly.

"I could never be done with you. I realised that last night. I love you Lana," Daniel presses a kiss to her forehead.

"For real?"

"For real," he smiles softly.

" I love you too Daniel," her eyes shut, and she drifts off, with a feeling of warmth.

Lex opens her eyes. She looks up at the alarm clock. 10 A.M. She takes Jai's arm out from around her, and slips out from under the covers. She presses a kiss to Jai's forehead,  and puts her hair up in a messy bun.  She slips her shoes back on, and heads over to Luke's room to tell Atta where she's gone. She pushes the door open quietly. Luke's lying on his stomach half on Atta, his head tilted on its side on Atta's back, his arm hanging over the side of the bed, over Atta. Lex stealthily moves across the room, and pokes Atta's cheek.

Atta's dark eyes open slowly," What is it?"

"I have to leave for work, can you tell Jai?" Lex asks softly.

"Yeah, sure," Atta lays her head back on the pillow, and goes back to sleep.

Lex rushes back over to the house, quickly gets ready and heads to work. Her boss gives her a speech about being late, which Lex pretends to listen through, and then heads to the cash register to deal with the public.

Jai blinks his eyes open. He turns, expecting to find Lex. The other side of the bed is empty. Lex must be downstairs he figures. He slips on a black tee, and heads downstairs," Luke stop it seriously," Atta runs directly into him, and falls back. Jai looks up to see Luke screech to a halt, a piece of bacon in his hand.

"Sorry Jai, didn't see you," Atta pulls herself up.

"I can see that. Hey, where's Lex?" Jai asks.

"She's at work," Atta answers," Now seriously, Luke I won't kiss you for a week," Atta's eyes set, in full seriousness.

"Fine," Luke rushes and throws out the piece of bacon.

"I'm gonna head to the mall," Jai states. He heads back upstairs to get changed.

Lana yawns awake. Her body still feeling terrible, but better than the last time she woke up. Daniel hands her a plate of buttered toast, and some water," Thanks for taking care of me Daniel."

"It's my pleasure," he presses a kiss to her forehead, and sits down next to her.

Lana eats her toast, and drinks her water in silence," How about some movies?"

Lana nods, and Daniel picks her up and brings her to the couch. She cuddles into him, and he wraps a blanket around them, before turning on the T.V.

Jai parks the car. Hey just thinking of you, love you :D~ Jai

Haha, work is so boring :(~ Lex

I could make it better ;)~ Jai

No, I wouldn't want to put you at risk of dying from boredom, also. Gotta get back to work, boss is a b*tch. Love you, Jaie Poo ;)~ Lex

Jai hops out of the car, smiling at his phone. He heads into the mall, looking around. He strolls around, before deciding to grab some food. He eats, and then starts walking around. He spots a Hot Topic, and heads towards it.

Lex spots him before he does, and she hurriedly ducks behind the counter, but not enough so she can't see him. He trolls the clothes. Lex's co-worker Marcy heads his way.

Her hips sway and Lex can tell what's about to go down. Marcy sways towards the guy, bats her eyelashes, flirts, and the guys fall at her feet.

Lex wills herself not to move from her spot, as the life sucker heads his way. She flirts, and bats her eyelashes. Lex hears her little demonic laugh, and her insides shrivel, but she once again, wills herself not to move from her crouching position.

It takes about 11 minutes. 11 whole minutes before the last straw is drawn, when the life sucker has sunk her teeth in and Lex can't watch anymore. She touches his arm. Jai looking for a way out. Lex bursts from her hiding spot.

"You can't have this one, Marcy. He's already mine," Lex drags a surprised Jai away.

"Your shift isn't over!" her boss b*tch calls.

"Yeah, well I quit!" she yells back.

Jai looks at Lex with a bewildered expression," Um..."

"Yeah, that's why I didn't want you to come, and I said Canadians hate Hot Topic," Lex explains, still walking.

"How about some ice cream?" Jai asks, grabbing Lex's hand and lacing their fingers.

"Sounds great," Lex presses a kiss to Jai's cheek.

They get their usual flavours, and sit down at a table,"So, you didn't tell me because you're ashamed?" Jai asks.

Lex blushes softly,"Yeah, I guess."

Jai grabs her hand on the table, causing her to look up at him," Lex, I love you with all my being. You are truly one of the most if not the most amazing person on this Earth. I could never be ashamed of you."

"I love you Jai," Lex leans over and presses a kiss to his lips.

Lana leans back into Daniel. Charly lays on the floor beside the couch. Lana's hand lazily traces patterns on Charly's head. Daniel fell asleep about an hour ago, and Lana can't help but think it's one of the cutest things ever. His head rests on her left shoulder, and she can hear his soft snores in her left ear. His arms are wrapped loosely around her small waist. So, he sort of slumps over her. Her eyes focus back on the movie playing. It's nothing special, just some action flick, but she really doesn't want to get out of Daniel's embrace.

Lex and Jai sit in the car on their way home. Jai turns up the volume of the radio, and notices, Lex is singing softly. He turns down the volume, and Lex is so into the song, she doesn't seem to notice.
Lex notices him staring,"What is it?"
Jai lets out a chuckle, and looks back the road," You have a beautiful voice, Lex."
Lex blushes ever so slightly," Lana and Atta say, that I make up for their not being able to sing."
"Well, maybe they're right."
"Just focus on the road, Brooks."

When they walk in the house, Lex notices Luke sitting with a sleeping Atta in his arms. He's whispering things in her ear, "He loves her you know," Jai says as they head to his room, as to not disturb the other couple.
"And she loves him, " Lex follows Jai.
They walk into his room, where Jai takes off his shirt to change.
Lex walks over to him, and wraps her arms around his waist. He stares at the burn scar on the right side of his stomach, through the mirror.
"A battle scar," Lex smiles at him.
"You're adorable, you know that?" His eyebrows raise teasingly.
"I think I may," her eyes teasing.
Jai leans down, and kisses her on the mouth, slowly, and meaningfully.
Lex's arms wrap around his neck, and Jai pulls her close by her waist.
Lex pulls away, regretfully, and rests her forehead on his," I love you," she states.
"And, I love you," Jai plants another kiss on her lips.