Blue Headphones

Atta stares opened mouth," You can't do that!"

"I can and I am!" Neal responds.

"You can't tell her to leave, Neal!" Luke's short temper running out.

"I can. And, I swear to God if you don't leave in the next 30 seconds, I will call security on your a**!" Neal yells.

Luke makes no move to stand up," Luke, please I don't want you to get in trouble because of me. I love you," Atta tells Luke.

He reluctantly grabs the box and heads out of the room," I love you too."

Atta's grandma comes into view. She's a short slightly plump woman. She has short dyed brown hair with blonde and red streaks in it. Her glasses sit on her nose," Salut (hello) Mimi," her grandma moves forwards, probably trying to defuse the tension.

"Salut (hello) grand maman (grandma)," Atta kisses her on both cheeks.

"Pourquoi tu vas pas t'acheter un café (why don't you go buy a coffee)?" Neal asks.

Their grandmother gets the message, and heads of to go get a coffee.

As soon as she leaves the screaming starts," I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU!"

Lex sits back watching the two siblings arguing," Do they always fight like that?" Gina asks.

"No. They do usual sibling stuff, but they don't ever fight like that," Lex answers.

"How come they are now, then?" Beau asks.

"They're taking Atta back to Québec," Lana answers simply.

Luke raises his head from his hands," You knew?"

"I found out when I called him," Lana answers

"And, you didn't tell us?" Luke asks.

"I didn't know how."

"What's gonna happen now, though?" Luke asks aloud.

No one answers.

It's later that night when Neal finally comes out of the room. Atta and Neal's grandma has gone to the hotel under Neal's orders. He sees the glares he's sent. He ignores them, and sits down.
He leans over to Lana," You guys can leave now that I'm here."

Luke looks up again," I'm never going to leave her," he tells Neal.

"Well, as of two days from now, she's leaving you, and never looking back.
Neal goes back into Atta's room. He sits on a hospital chair.

Atta's eyes blink open, and she stares blankly at her older brother," Do you even know what happened to me?"

Neal nods,"Yeah, the police officer told me."

"If you really know, then you'd know that I need Luke."

Neal rolls his eyes," What about Chandler, huh? You remember him, right? You said you loved him. Well, how much could you really have loved him, if you could move on to the next guy, so quickly."

"Please, stop," Atta's voice filled with sadness.

"Whatever. I talked to the doctor, and you're being transferred in two days," Neal says, leaning back in his chair.

"C'mon, let's go home," Beau says," We can't really do anything, right now," he stands up.

"I guess you're right," Lex says and stands up from Jai's comfortable lap.

"I'm staying," Luke's eyes are fixed on Atta's sleeping form, through the window.

"Kinda figured," Beau laughs.