Seventeen: The Rash Decision

The Rash Decision

"I believe you," I said.

His eyes automatically met mine and he smiled. It didn't quite reach his eyes but it was still a smile, it held his gratitude and that's all that mattered to me. I didn't expect him to actually be happy, his parents were still icing him out. Even after all these years.

Elisha chimed, "I do too."

"You can't be here. You need to leave, if you're found on these grounds there will be consequences. You need to leave." Our father said, coldly.

"Pa –" I tried but he didn't let me get another word out.

"That's quite enough, Elijah, you've done enough." He snapped.

I couldn't understand why they were still so adamant that he had done it even after his explanation. It has been several years since then, why would he still feel the need to lie to them? He has absolutely nothing to lose now.

My mother spoke, "Themba, don't be so hard. We need to take this matter to Alpha Jay, he needs to let Isaiah back into the pack."

A small smile made its way onto my face, at least she was considering doing something.

"I don't want to come back. I'm fine where I am. I just did this for Elijah. Nothing else." I looked at Elisha and pain quickly flicked through her eyes.

I'm guessing Isaiah explained himself through mind-linking because she seemed a little shocked for a moment. Amateur. I couldn't help but think. I've been mind-inked so many times by both Isaiah and Nathaniel I don't even find it odd anymore.

"You actually believed Alpha Jameson over your own son?" I queried.

"There was no one else in sight. He was the only wolf there. What were we to think?" My mother whispered guiltily.

"Oh, I don't know!" I threw my hands up in exasperation, "Maybe that you raised a good pup who wouldn't kill someone! Oh my goddess, I can't believe this." I ranted.

I thought my parents would go out on a limb for their pups. Every last piece of hope I ever had in them flickered away instantly.

I'm doomed once they find out about Alexander. I wanted to cry, I could feel the tears welling up anything could set them off. I really needed to get away from here to get my mind right because as I stood here, I just keep feeling far worse about the entire situation.

"I can't be here right now," I said, before turning to my car I asked Isaiah if he was okay and he said he was. He'd leave in a bit.

From the moment I shut the car door, my mind started running through multiple questions. Every last one was negative and did not come out with me actually having my parents on my side. Finding out you have a long lost brother should be far better than this. This was climatic but not in the way one would expect. 

I was driving with no clear destination in mind, that was until I found myself at my sisters' place. I almost laughed at how instinctive it was to take my hardships to Nicholas.

"Did you forget your keys?" Nic spoke as he opened the door realising it was the wrong twin, his head moved back in surprise. Taking one look at my face his smile instantly dropped, "Eli, what happened?" He pulled me inside.

"I just... I had to get away." I cried, "Nic I think I need to leave, I need to leave the country." I said in-between sobs.

"What!? No way. Why would you do that?"

"My parents. They'll never protect me once they find out about Alexander. I'll mean nothing to them once they know."

"You have no guarantee -"