Forty-Three: The Accident

The Accident

Mariska let go of my hands once Alexander swiped Ivan's head clean off. She looked a little scared and uncertain.

I didn't bother trying to see through his eyes again, knowing that now that the leader has been decapitated the rest of the army will ether surrender or be easy kill. There was nothing more to see from there.

The battle was over, the Packs here would be free from the tyranny and I would get my wolf back. Everything will be able to resume, my life will finally move forward. It has somewhat felt like I've been stagnant for two years and a few months actually. Alexander and I haven't moved forward from where we were when me met two years and a few months ago.

I for one am ready to move forward and finally press I pause.

Mariska's words drew me out of my mind,

"You can see through his eyes." She murmured, "I could see through them too because we're linked at the moment. Your anger, the darkness consumed it. He felt it, that's dangerous. He's still got his own darkness, he doesn't need yours too."

I didn't need her to tell me all that, I could feel our anger mixing into one. I could feel him feeding off of it. I just couldn't control myself, I couldn't control it – I was just so upset.

I moved away from her, "I'm sorry. It just took over. I didn't mean for it to happen. Can you please just take it away now."

"I guess," She shrugs, "A deal is a deal."

She dug into her bag and gave me some potion. She told me to drink it, that it would combat the potion that was on the bullet. She then held my hands and reversed the dark magic.

"What about Alexander?" I try my luck.

He has lived with this evil within him for much longer than necessary and if I remembered well enough he did say it was the reason why he was trying to push me away.

I just need this to be lifted, I needed him to be able to breathe again. I wanted my mate to be himself, fully himself and to be happy. I had to try and get her to at least try and help him, I know she could do it so I hoped she would.

"What about him?" She asks briskly.

I held back an eye roll, "Can you please take away his dark magic, please Mariska."

Surprisingly she reached into her bag and produced a potion, it was a shade darker than the one I had to drink.

She hands it over to me, "I expected that question."

Tears welled in my eyes, "Oh my goddess, thank you so much."

I wasn't completely sure she had removed my dark magic but now with her handing me one for Alexander too, I knew she did. Soon after we had left the warehouse and started, on our way back to her store.

Their were still a few wolves in the warehouse, they looked to be cleaning up and packing everything away.

I'm guessing with Ivan dead there was no longer a need for them to have that secret spot.

"Who will run Dark Sword now?" I asked her.

I know she wasn't wolf but I'm assuming since she supported the defiance and was one of Ivan's witches, she would know.

She smiled fondly, "An old friend of mine, he was –"

Mariska didn't get to complete her sentence. The car suddenly turned sharply then went tumbling, off the side of the road, down a hill and into a river. As we tumbled my body was bashed and thrown about, being kept inside by the seatbelt.

My Monster Mate (Book I)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें