Eighteen: The Great Escape

The Great Escape
Elisha.

The moment I got home I knew something was wrong. I knew it. I could feel Elijah pushing me out and I could just feel that something was off. I had been zoned out from the moment Elijah left, my father was still telling Isaiah he didn't belong there and should leave. My mother wasn't saying a word but you could see the anguish written all over her face.

I offered to drive Isaiah anywhere he wanted but he declined, I had to watch my brother leave. My brother. It even sounds weird.

"Nicholas!?" I yelled as I opened our door, snapping back to reality.

I wasn't ready for the scene I saw before me as soon as the door swung open. There in my living room was Nicholas who I had clearly expected to see but who I didn't and could have never expected to be in my home was Alexander Russo, his twin and two others that looked more or less like him.

"What is happening here?" I voiced my confusion.

"You must be Elisha. The twin." One Russo said. This Russo would definitely pass as a mass murderer. I couldn't help the instinctive step back I took upon coming face-to-face with him.

"Uhm, I guess. And you are?"

"Axel." He answered, "And this over here would be Abel and Nathaniel. I assume you know the mass murderer who attacked your Pack, Alex." He pointed at them as he introduced them. The only one that bothered waving was the twin.

"Ah ha." I nodded, "What are you all doing in my home?"

"Looking for your sister."

My heart sunk, I knew something was wrong. What did she do?

"Why? What happened, where is she?" I rattled off, scared of the answer.

"She left." Nicholas filled me in.

"You've got to be kidding me. Why the fuck?" The palm of my hand met my forehead.

Why is she always making stupid irrational decisions? That had always been a downfall of hers when something she cannot handle occurs she panics, overthinks the situation and jumps to the first 'solution' that pops into her mind.

Elijah Vilakazi cannot for the life of her, sit and talk to someone and get to a peaceful, rational solution. She jumps at the first thought, shooting down whatever comes next – more sensible or not. Once her mind is made up, that's that on that.

I've always known it would bring her no good and I was currently being proved correct. I understand her fear but her execution is way off. This was not the way to deal with this problem.

"Why are you here and not out there, looking for her?" I questioned Alexander.

If looks could kill.

"I'm not going to send my men out on a wild goose chase. I was waiting for your arrival. That way I know where she is and I can go to her exact location instead of starting a giant pointless fucking search."

He stepped closer, "If you're trying to insinuate that I don't care about your sister, my mate, enough to look for her. I do hope you take it the fuck back because I am holding on to my wolf by a thread and bullshit accusations like that could really not just set me off but set him off. So, tread carefully sweetheart."

How the hell is Elijah never shitting bricks whenever she's near this man? He is the epitome of intimidating. Throughout that entire rant, all I wanted to do was apologise but I was afraid interrupting him would only set him off further.

"Sheesh, I apologise. I'm pissed off too, okay? I'm sorry. I don't know where she is. She's blocking me out. Can't we follow her scent?"

"She masked it," Nathaniel said.