Forty-Five: The Betrayal

Reminder: Bridgette is Josephine's (Alpha Jay's mate) younger sister.

The Betrayal
Elisha.

I had become accustomed to my days alone in this Pack, it all happened incredibly fast. Elijah's waking, her moving, the battle in Russia. One day I blinked and it was all happening.

I was happy she was with her mate and happy, I just missed her immensely at times. Wishing I still had her here with me so that she was within reach but I guess that's just what comes with growing up.

I shook my thoughts away as I got back into my book, turning the page of my The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, as soon as I read the first sentence I cringed. It was the part where Finnick unfortunately dies.

I cried the first time I read it. I love Finnick, I mean, who doesn't? I feel like the character was made to be loved. Anyone who doesn't love him is... odd.

"Hey, Elisha

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Hey, Elisha." Ezekiel sat beside me on the park bench.

The park was a really peaceful space, I hoped that he wasn't here to bother me. I only come here so I can not be bothered and have some time to myself.

I looked up from my book and smiled at him, "Hi, Zeke."

Zeke and I are okay again, he's physically unable to stalk my sister, so she's in the clear. I wouldn't say we were friends again – he was still slightly annoying – but we were okay. I tolerated him.

He cleared his throat, "How's Eli?"

"Okay... Why?" I raised a brow.

Goddess, here he goes again. Since Eli left, he won't stop asking about her. It was incredibly annoying. I'm her sister, not her keeper. I just knew he couldn't be here for anything else but to bother me.

I thought that once he had acceptable that she has left the Pack Zeke would proper back off but he hasn't and refuses to. Everyone else in the Pack has come to the understanding that she is gone, assuming she met her mate. Why can't he?

His eyes dart around, "I haven't seen her lately."

I look up at him, "Lately? It's been like three months." I chuckled, "She's not living here anymore. I thought everyone had figured that out by now."

That's all he needed to know. It was liable, the only time an Alpha makes a public announcement about a Pack member is if they're entering the Pack, his mate, someone else's mate or they have passed away. Not if they leave, so even though Eli is close to Alpha Jay, doesn't mean he'll tell the Pack publicly.

If he were in wolf form his ears would have peeled up, "She found her mate?"

I give him a deadpan look, "No, she just decided to be a rogue." I roll my eyes, sarcasm dripping from every word.

My Monster Mate (Book I)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें