Chapter 11 - The plane ticket

California, I could almost taste it

It was true maybe I did overreact with Louis and Liam, but that day wasn't the best for me. I stand by my decision to make it to UCLA, after all that was the main reason why I even started helping in the hospital, Louis came as an adorable surprise but I can't second guess my choice for a lad I fell for.

Or could I?

"All set" Niall told me from the computer desk

He had been distant with everyone, but I told him about UCLA calling and he had tried being supportive, helping me with some paper work and stuff

"The plane ticket is ready, you got a window seat"

"How do you know I love that seat?" I ask him trying to recall if I had ever travelled with him

"Doesn't everyone" he answered

Niall gave me a weird type of smile and run away to his room. He told me he was happy but he wasn't, this couldn't been easy on him, as much as we weren't that close now, I knew he was one of my best friends and he moved to be with me, so it was a dick move of mine moving right now.

"Are you upset about me leaving?" I abruptly entered to his room and sat next to him on his bed

Niall had his reading glasses on (which were mainly a pose because he have 20/20 vision) and was re reading something Tolkien. He looked at me and shook his head.

"No, not at all. I understand you've wanted this since a long time ago, no hard feelings"

And he gave me that small pad in the back, just like the one Sheldon does when he doesn't know how to comfort people, he literally went "there there" on me!

"Enough!" I screamed

It was exhausting wanting to make the Irish talk, he was just so close in every single aspect now, it felt like a different kind of person all of the sudden! Meeting Zayn couldn't fuck his mind that much, I mean.

"If you're racist that's your issue, you shouldn't be trying to make us all feel the same!" I said overwhelmed

"What are you talking about?"

"Zayn" I finally let out

Then I just blurted all my theory out, that he had been mad and distant with everyone because he was just uncomfortable with Zayn's.... cultural background, and felt he couldn't tell anyone.

But he actually explained it was nothing of that matter, which definitely make me look like and ass.

"Of all people me!" he told me "Harry you're becoming insane"

Maybe he was right

"The deal with Zayn is just that I don't like the guy, him and me... no, just no" Niall huffed "I don't need to tell you the whole story but as my friend, you should respect some of my privacy"

And he was right, but I also needed some kind of explanation

"You can't avoid it all" I told him

"I will" Niall answered challenging me

"Fine" I said very serious

I quickly went out (close the door loudly and everything), I wasn't having it because I knew this kind of fight wasn't going to last. The thing about me and Niall was that we were the type of people that with no words, we were better. Both of us were okay with it.