Chapter 8: The Reveal

Me: OH NY GODS THIS STORY HAS OVER 4K READS AND OVER 100 VOTES. IM DYING

Leo: WHOA. DO I GET A PAY RAISE NOW?!?

Me: Leo, we talked about this...

Ninja: *has own mini party*

Stiles: What is this anyway?

Me: A beautiful thing called Wattpad

Stiles: *shrugs*

Me: Now... ON WITH THE STORY
____________________________________

Previously:

"Y-you hit me! I-I c-can't do this Percy! I can't! We're done!" She yelled, holding her ankle. Stiles stealthily walked up and removed her mask.

Oh no.

Percy

The mask seemed to come off the girl's face in slow motion, but once I saw the golden curls of hair, I knew who it was.

"A-Annabeth?!" I asked, choking on air. There was no possible way.

"That's why it was too easy." I stared at the gray eyes looking back at me.

"I felt like I was in a Scooby Doo cartoon up until now. Who's this. We don't know her, do we?" Stiles questioned.

"Nope I don't recognize her." Scott replied.

"Why Annabeth?" I asked.

"The gods were right, Percy. I let my pride get in my way. I wouldn't let them talk me into breaking up. They said your fatal flaw would put my quest at risk. I believe them now." Annabeth said, her voice wavering.

"When was the last time we let the gods stop us, Annabeth?" I asked her.

"This is different Percy, I have my own quest to think about. They almost stopped the Athena Parthenos from getting to camp!" Annabeth argued.

"Werewolves. Yeah I heard what happened to Reyna and Nico and Coach but these are different. I highly doubt Scott here is more than a millennia old." I explained.

"Its true, I can't vote. I haven't even graduated." Scott admitted.

"Yeah, but werewolves are a problem, Percy." Annabeth said through gritted teeth.

"These werewolves aren't a problem!" I said to her.

"It's my quest and I have to deal with them. You just can't accept that!" She said, standing up straighter. She had this look in her eye like I wasn't the only one she was trying to convince.

"No, Annabeth, this is your pride talking. You're really going to let the gods get into your head after all this time? You'd break up with me to protect your pride?" I asked, my voice cracking. She seemed to be getting better while I got worse. It must be the realization of the situation.

"I'm sorry Percy. Just remember, it didn't have to be this way. You just got in between me and my quest." She said. Her face was a mix of regret and determination.

"Percy!" Stiles shouted. I looked over and one dagger slashed my arm, just above my SPQR tattoo.

I hadn't noticed her getting her daggers out. I'm getting bad at this. Her other dagger was headed for my face. I instinctively put my good hand in front of my face. I saw her grin before she used her dagger to stab my hand.

She then turned and ran, holding one dagger in her hand, the other stuck in mine.

"I loved you Annabeth Chase!" I shouted after her fading figure, hopelessly. I could've sworn she stopped, just for a second.