That Day out in Vale

Start from the beginning

Weiss was puzzled as to what or who id Crescent Rose and why Ruby had to ask permission to go to a forest. Was it something bad? She hoped not.

"Come on, princess. Time to check out a Grimm-infested forest." Blake told her and pushed the girl back to where they came from, following Yang and Ruby as they walked ahead.

"Excuse me. Did you mention Grimm?" The mermaid asked and paused upon coming to realize what the word meant. Blake nodded and looked at Weiss with the most peculiar of all expressions, wonder.

"You haven't seen one before?" The fauness asked.

"I have but...in a form of large serpent." The surprised Blake. Weissto see a large serpent by the country?

"A king taijutu?" Blake asked and continued walking with Weiss to catch up on the two up front who were on their way to the ports.

"No. Nothing in comparison to that. Much bigger." Weiss tried to recall her last encounter of an underrwater grimm that coiled almost her tower. Blake tried not to think of something bigger of a king taijutu.

"Did you fight it?" That was the quetion Blake has been meaning to ask her. She certainly had aura, used semblance and had something in her sleeves but could she fight?

"I...did. After--Nevermind. I did but I got injured trying to defeat it on my own."  She said, at least hoping that her words would be suffice to answer Blake's question.

"Defeat it by yourself..?" Turns out, she had more questions to ask the girl. "How exactly..?

Before Weiss started to rattle, Ruby called her up front. That saved Weiss some effort to answer more dangerous questions.

"Weiss!! Come on! You'll love the forrest! And I bet you haven't rode an airship yet!" The girl waved by the front which made Weiss sigh. A childish girl for a young teen. It was rather...refreshing.

"I'm there. No need to shout out loud. Everybody will hear you." Weiss couldn't be more relieved despite her childish actions. Ruby saved her from answering questions from Blake who was curious. Weiss jogged her way to the airship...

...until she tripped.

"Weiss!!" Ruby called out but Weiss was already bracing herself forimpact until Ruby came to her rescue once more, catching her before she fell to the ground.

"R-Ruby!" the mermaid was surprised to feel Ruby's arms around her. She wasn't used to walking just yet and they were starting to get alittle painful but tripping? It was unprecceded.

"Just in time. You okay?" Weiss stood on  herown, flustered and embarassed. She could only nod. "Good. Are your legs alright?"

"Pshh! Of course they are, Rubes! She's not a baby. Come on or we won't catch the ship." Yang called upon entering the ship and waited for company. Weiss nodded once more but before she could start walking, Ruby took the liberty to carry the girl without as much of a notice. Before the mermaid could protest, she was already at the airship and Blake followed not long after. Once all were aboard, the ship left the ground and was on their way to the Emerald forrest.

Blake could only wonder what Weiss did to defeat a grim bigger than aking taijutu. She shivered with the thought.

===================

"Finally! I thought tgat ride won't end!" Yang brushed off  her clothes and fixed her hair once they got off the airship. Blake listened to everything around them, hoping it was safe and Ruby was once more holding Weiss in her arms.

"It's fun!" Ruby couldn't help but say before she let Weiss stand on her own. After resting for quite a while, Weiss felt better than earlier and was certain that she won't trip anytime soon.