Chapter Twenty-Seven

One month later

"Guyssss let's do something!" I whine into the kitchen where Claire and Mikey are eating breakfast. I've managed to survive eating only in small amounts, and only when people notice I'm not eating, but I've only lost 5 pounds, not that Bob has noticed. Ever since the incident with Frank, he's been distant. I think I've only seen him once since then, even with him living next door.

"Well, it's going to be hot today, we could go to the beach." Mikey suggests.

"Aww, like we did after we first met!" Claire grins.

"So it's settled. You guys go call everyone, I'll get dressed." I run up to my room, and open the closet, looking for a bathing suit. I find the plain black one I wore the first time, and put it on. I run my fingers through my hair, then put it up in a curly ponytail, with a few strands from my long side bangs hanging out. After putting a Fall Out Boy tank top on, I slip on a pair of rainbow kitty flip-flops.

When I walk downstairs, I see that everyone is already here, except Bob. Where is he?

"Bob isn't coming." Anna says, as if reading my mind.

"Oh. Ok then. Let's get going." We all walk outside, where everyone's cars are parked. All my friends seem to already know what cars to get in, and I'm just standing here like a deer in headlights.

"Caroline, you ride with Frank." Ray tells me, and gently pushes me towards the familiar black car. I get in the passenger seat, next to the short man who is only slightly taller than me. He starts the car, and drives in a comfortable silence.

"I like how you did your hair. It looks nice." He tells me.

"Thanks. It feels like it looks like crap though." I laugh.

"I can assure you, it looks gorgeous."

"Aww, thanks Frankie." When we get to the beach I ask Nelly about her baby.

"I'm going to the doctor's tomorrow, you and Claire can come too. I get to find out if my baby is a boy or girl," Nelly says with a smile, and looks down at her baby bump.

"What are your name ideas?" I ask.

"Evan, Erin, and Alex," she answers.

"Coolio. I'm hot, lets get in the water." I say, throwing off my tank top and sliding out of my flip-flops. Everyone seems to stare at my stomach, but I don't see why. They've all seen my scars before. I look down, and see why. My ribs and hipbones are extremely visible. I look repulsing, and it's all because I wanted to be beautiful. Frank wraps his arm around my shoulder, and leads me away from everyone.

"You haven't been eating, have you?"

"Sorry Frank." I say, looking at him sadly.

"It's ok. I'm going to help you through this." Frank leads me into the water, and gives me a warm smile.

"Thank you. It's freezing in here!" I say, wrapping my arms around myself. Frank opens his arms, so I swim closer, and hug him, but he dunks me underwater instead.

"Are you warm yet?" He smiles evilly.

"Yes! You don't need to dunk me again!" I say quickly. We start to swim around a little more, and I spend a good half hour trying to get Ray's hair wet, which was an obviously failed mission. That man and his fro...

"Come swim with me!" Gerard calls to me. I start to swim towards him, but Mikey and Claire grab me from behind before I can get there.

"If you love me let me goooo!" I yell, trying to swim to Gerard, who is just laughing his ass off. Mikey tries to push me underwater, but his noodle-arms are too weak, and I'm just weak in general, so we're perfectly matched. It remains a power struggle until Claire helps Mikey push me under.