Chapter Twenty-Four

Ok, before we start, we are at almost 1000 reads! That is so amazing, thank you so much! I honestly thought my friends would be the only ones reading this.

The next day

I check the time on my phone, and see that it's 5:30. I'm supposed to be at Frank's house at 6:00, and he lives 20 minutes away, so I have ten minutes to get ready. I've got them math skillz.

I slip into black leggings and a worn blue sweatshirt with my black Doc Martens. I'm not exactly looking to dress to impress. Next I run my fingers through the curly mess of my hair, not bothering to straighten it or actually brush it. Then I apply a thin line of eyeliner around my eyes, adding a bit of a wing at the edges. That's all the makeup I'm going to deal with today.

By the time I'm walking out the door, it's 5:40. I'm should get there right on time. Good job Caroline.

I get in my crappy car, and drive towards Frank's house. At a red light, I plug my phone in, and Deepest Cut by Get Scared comes on. I find myself drumming on the steering wheel as the light turns green and I continue my short journey.

As the chorus of the song comes, I find myself screaming the words. Don't judge I love this song. It ends too quickly, and New Way Home by Foo Fighters comes next. I end up singing this song too, and it puts me in a really good mood. Maybe this dinner wont be so bad.

After a car ride filled with Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, and Bring Me The Horizon, I arrive at Frank's house. I leave the car, and walk up the driveway to the front door. Before I even knock, a hyper-active guitarist flings the door open.

"Hey Caroline!" Frank says excitedly.

"Hi Frank," I say with a small smile. I step inside his house after he invites me in.

"Is she here yet?" I hear a whiny voice from the kitchen.

"Yeah, come say hi!" Frank yells back. Amy walks towards us wearing shorts so short I can practically see her entire ass, and a tight tank top.

"Hi Caroline, would you like anything to drink?" Amy asks, in a suprisingly nice tone.

"Oh, no, I'm fine." Although I'm quite thirsty, I'm still not sure if I can trust her.

After an amazing vegetarian dinner, I decide to head home.

"Why go now when you can stay for desert? We have chocolate cake," Frank offers. Well, I do love chocolate. I stay for cake and wine. When I try to go home after thanking Frank and Amy for a wonderful dinner, I see that there's a massive thunderstorm occurring outside. It's too dangerous to drive in, so Amy invites me to stay the night.

I turn out the small lamp on the nightstand in the guest room and roll on my side. I texted Bob to let him know that I'm staying over.

*Are u sure thats a good idea???* Bob responds.

*eh. I dunno, what could happen? I dont want to drive in this storm.* I text back.

*amy could murder you in your sleep. i dont think she would tho. i could come pick you up in my car??????*

*nah its fine. frnks guest bed is pretty cozy anyway, but id be happier if you were here*

*i guess i'll see you tomorrow. goodnight*

*night* I put my phone on the bedside table, and get into my usual sleeping position, with my arms and legs tucked into my body, in the fetal position.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.: skip to 2 am .:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

I wake up when my arms move forward. Weird, I did that in my sleep. Why did I move my arms? Whatever, go back to sleep Caroline.