Chapter Nine

"And on your left, you will see the Washington Monument!" Claire says. The guys all take their phones out of their pockets, and take pictures.

"Haven't you guys been to DC before?" I ask.

"Yeah, but we never had time for tours. On that hand, we should be going back pretty soon." Gerard says.

"Well good, because I can't think of anything else to show you guys. OH WAIT! THE FARMER'S MARKET!!" Claire exclaims.

"Farmer's market?" Ray asks confused.

"Yes, farmer's market. They have amazing kettle korn and breads and stuff. It's actually quite close to the hotel, so we should return the segways first," Claire says, leading us back towards the area we got the segways from. After returning the segways and helmets, I notice Ray's hair and start laughing.

"What?" He asks.

"Your hair," I say between laughs. Ray pulls out a pocket mirror and struggles to fix his hair. He can't quite get it, so I help him out.

"So where is this farmer's market Claire?" Mikey asks.

"This way, follow me," Claire says, takes Mikey's hand, and starts walking. The rest of us follow until Gerard spots an ice cream stand.

"ICE CREAM!!" He yells. Everyone runs to the stand and we all get some ice cream. Claire continues leading us to the farmer's market. When we get there, we buy a giant bucket of kettle korn and some tomato spinach bread, which tastes so much better than it sounds. As we are sitting on a bench eating the popcorn and bread, Gerard pulls out his phone to check the time.

"Guys, the concert starts in two and a half hours, we should get back to the hotel and to the venue now," Gerard says. Mikey nods in agreement, then stands up and wipes the crumbs off his skinny jeans. The rest of us stand up and begin walking towards the hotel. When we arrive at the hotel, we put away the leftover popcorn, then turn right back around and get on the tour bus. The bus drives only for a few minutes before stopping in front of Bender Arena. We all walk around to the back and go into the dressing room. Claire and I do the makeup for the guys.

"Where are you guys gonna be during the show?" Frank asks, lightly kissing my lips.

"In the crowd, I guess." I shrug. He nods, and I snuggle my head into his jacket.

"Are you okay?" He asks into the top of my head.

"Yeah. I feel kinda emotional though, ya know? Hormones I guess." It's true. Like this morning, when I lashed out at Frank. It was weird, like I didn't have control over my mouth.

"Do you need... uh.... feminine supplies?" I chuckle at his uncomfortableness.

"Probably. I've got some in my bag," I laugh again. I hear Brian call the guys to the stage.

"Oh, ok. See you later." Frank says, kissing my cheek before leaving. I guess I better get into the crowd. I look around, and see a door labeled "auditorium" so I enter. It leads me to the front of the crowd. Lucky me. I walk further in, and I see a blond boy next to me.

"Jacob?" I ask. The boy looks over to me and his jaw drops.

"Caroline! I've missed you! Where is Claire?" He practically screams to be heard over the sound of the now playing band.

"I missed you too. Claire is probably backstage" I reply, answering all his questions.

"Why is Claire backstage?"

"We're touring with the guys. I'm dating Frank, and she and Mikey are a thing." I see his face drop when I mention Claire and Mikey. I think he always liked her.