Chapter One

I wake up to the annoying beeping sound of my alarm clock. God, that noise has become hell on my ears. Every morning, that stupid beep beep beep. I raise my arm into the air, and relax my muscles, causing my hand to drop full speed into the off button of the clock. I've broken three alarm clocks using this method, but hey, they deserved it.

I roll myself out of bed and clamber onto my feet, looking at the mirror. I'm a mess. My hair is in a knotted messy bun and I look like I haven't slept in eight years.

I change into ripped black skinny jeans, white converse, and a cut Fall Out Boy tee shirt. I then quickly, but thoroughly straighten my curly light brown hair. Using the last of my time, I apply some foundation, mascara, and a bit of eyeliner.

After grabbing my bag, I ran out the door of my small house. I couldn't be late for class again. I study at Coastal Carolina University in South Carolina. It was my fourth and final year, majoring in marine sciences. I've had a love for marine biology since the seventh grade. I smile, remembering thirteen year old me. She isn't so different than I am now. Same music taste, same clothing taste.

I stop my thoughts as I arrive in my classroom. I awkwardly walk past my peers, to my usual seat at the back of the room. The class passes quickly, as does the rest of the day. When my final class ends, I grab my backpack, and head outside, ready to get some Starbucks.

This is an intro, the next chapters will be longer.