Baby Steps

Wilmer POV

Ring Ring Ring

I reach over and turn my alarm clock off. I feel arms around my waist and turn around to find Aria.

"Good morning." I say.

"Morning."

"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask.

"Surprise me."

"Okay." I get up and go into Julian's room. He's still asleep so I go downstairs and start cooking breakfast. I cook scrambled eggs for Julian and a fried egg sandwich for Aria with bacon on the side.

"Smells good." Aria says walking in with Julian.

"Can you grab a plate and I'll fix it up for you?" I ask taking Julian from her. I sit him in his high chair and put his eggs on it along with a bottle of milk.

Aria gives me a plate, I make her plate, make me a plate and then we sit down and eat breakfast. After she's done she goes upstairs to get dressed and I clean up.

"Bababa." I hear Julian say. I turn around and look at him.

"Want a banana?" I ask getting one for him. I cut it up and give it to him. A put a whole piece in his mouth.

"Julian..." I say in my voice cause he knows what he's doing. He has a tendency to put more in his mouth than he can handle. "I don't want you to choke bubba... Chew your food." I say cutting the pieces in half again.

As I'm doing that, Aria's phone dings. I go over to look and it's a voicemail from Auden.

Who is Auden? I ask myself. I know I shouldn't but I pick up the phone and listen to the voicemail.

"Hey baby girl. I'll be over around five later tonight. I know I said I'd be there earlier but I have a lot of work to do. See you soon. Love you. Bye." I put the phone down and look at Julian who's staring at me. He's giving me this look that I swear makes him look like he knows what's going on even though he's only one.

"Hey, I'm gonna head out. I'll see you tonight okay?" Aria says walking in.

"Are you sure? I think Auden's coming over a little earlier today." I say causing her to freeze where she's at.

"You read my messages?"

"No..." I say honestly. "I listened to your voicemail."

"Why would you look through my phone?" She asks like I'm in the wrong.

"Why would you see someone else when your with me?"

"Oh please, like you and Demi haven't done anything since we've been together."

".... We haven't. She wouldn't even stay here when she needed a place to stay because of you. She respected that and so did I."

"Whatever."

"You know what..." I say starting to laugh as I realize something. "I gave up the most important person in my life for you..."

"Karma's a bitch, isn't it."

"Yeah... It is." We look at each other for a few moments. "You need to go... Now." I say calmly.

"Goodbye." She says huffing as she walks out.

I look at Julian and he's staring at me with that same look.

"Wanna go see mommy?" I ask. He starts to kick his feet and do his baby talk telling me he wants to.

~~~~~

We get to her house and knock on the door. She doesn't answer. I get the spare key that I have and open the door.