Lawyers

New Years passes and its all about a new album. I'm ready to start putting my name back out there. Ever since Julian was born, I've put a hold on my career. I love being a singer but I love being a mother more and because I am in a position where I can take time off, I did. With Wilmer not doing his show anymore and him being around more often it has made it that much easier to focus on music. I'm in the studio Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays while he keeps Julian and then I get Julian Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays while he works on his pilot for Minority Report. If it gets picked up he'll obviously have to work more days than what he does now but we'll worry about that when we get there.

I'm in the studio going over the chorus for a new song that I can't get a good rhythm to that I like when Wyatt texts me.

"Where are you?"

"At the studio."

"Whos all there?"

"Just me right now. Everything okay?"

"Come over."

"I can't right now. My recording session is until six tonight. I promise I'll be over after though ."

"No later than six."

I put my phone down and stare into the empty booth...

How am I gonna get out of this?

I rewrite over and over again on a music sheet...

~~~~~

***TWO WEEKS LATER***

Wilmer POV

"Julian." I say with my camera out as he stands on the floor on his hands and knees.

I sit down and start my video.

"Come here bubba." I say and he laughs without moving. "Cmon." I say. He starts to crawl very slowly but eventually makes it to my lap and I pick him up. I turn the camera around and give him a big kiss on the cheek making him smile at the camera. I stop the video and watch it.

He's almost seven months now and is developing fast for his age. I googled when babies are suppose to crawl and it said between six to ten months a baby will start crawling, and may even skip crawling. Julian decided not to skip the crawling phase and is trying so hard to be more mobile.

"Look how photogenic you are." I say smiling at him. He just wiggles to get down. "Wow, you've been crawling for a minute and your already to independent for your old man." I say letting him down. He sits on his butt and looks around while I send the video to Demi.

"We have a problem"

I play with him until I wait for her response.

"Oh my god! I can't believe I'm missing it! Tell him not to crawl until mommy comes to pick him up tomorrow!"

"Haha. Sure why not." I text back.

I put my phone up when I hear a knock on the door.

"Whos that?" I ask Julian.

I go to answer it and its my lawyer.

"Hi?" I say confused letting him in.

"We need to talk."

"Okay."

~~~~~

"Court papers? For what?" I ask.

"Custody of Julian..."

"Nuh uh... Demi wouldn't do that. We've already talked about this."

He hands me the papers summoning me to court on a certain date for a custody hearing and Demi's signature is at the bottom.

"I need you to sign it so I can take them to the court."

"What if I don't sign them?" I ask smartly.

"Then you'll automatically lose custody of Julian... You can't turn down the court Wilmer... Just sign them... We'll win this... I promise."

"I don't want to win this... I want us to have shared custody like we do now. Its working fine.... Why is she doing this?"

"You'll have to ask her."

"I will. Don't worry about that." I say signing the bottom.

"We'll be in touch." He says before leaving...

~~~~~

Today Demi is coming to pick up Julian. I'm glad she's coming over instead of us meeting in a public setting because I'd like to talk to her privately about this whole court hearing.

Julian's in his jumper feeding himself his bottle when the door opens.

"Wilmer?" I hear Demi's voice followed by a shutting of a door.

She walks in and Julian's drops his bottle on the floor and clasp his hands on himself in excitement for her to pick him up.

"Hey bubba." She says picking him up. He lays his head on her shoulder and rubs his back.

"Can we talk?"

"Yeah what about?" She asks.

I motion for her to follow me into the kitchen.

"Be right back." She says laying Julian back down and following me. I stand in front of the island in the middle of the kitchen with the paper telling me im being summoned to court for a custody battle.

"You got them already." She says putting her head down. "I didn't think they'd get to your lawyer that fast. I was gonna talk to you about it..."

"When? After they take Julian away from me?"

"No, I was gonna... Their not found take Julian away from you. That's not why I filed for a custody hearing." She says changing the subject.

"Then why do it? We talked about this before Julian was even born saying we werent gonna go through a custody battle and that we were both gonna be a part of Julian's life."

"I know that. I did it because Wyatt..."

"Wyatt? He has something to do with this?" I say losing my cool.

"Will you please just listen to me."

"I'll pass on that..." I say throwing get off. "There is no way I'm letting that son of a bitch getting custody of my son. And I can assure you that when I win this, which I will, you will not see Julian until Wyatt is out of the picture." I say coldly. I don't plan on taking Julian away from Demi, but I will not allow that poor excuse of a person be near my son.

"Alright." Is all she says before grabbing his bag of stuff, getting his car seat and him in it before leaving.

I decide to go for a jog to cool off. I set up a few meetings with my lawyer on my break from my run to go over this custody battle.

There is no way Wyatt is getting custody of son and I'm not gonna let Demi being Julian around him if I have the chance to stop it. I met the guy formally once and spent the holidays with him since he was at Demi's but I get a bad vibes off the guy. I don't know what it is but I don't like it or him...

I'm gonna win this....

~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

~Ashley