Custody Battle

Demi POV

"Do we have both Wilmer Valderrama and Demi Lovato here with us today?" The judge starts out.

"Yes your honor." Our lawyers say.

"And you both have family and friends to testify on your behalf."

"Yes." Wilmer and I both nod.

We haven't been on speaking terms unless it was about Julian. Every time I try to talk to him he just turns me down so i'm not worried about it anymore. He'll realize why i'm doing it one day.

My family and friends get to go first. I only have four people testifying for me today. They are the only four who know the situation and who I can trust to say what I need them to say.

I have my mom, my two sisters, Dallas and Maddie, and then Marissa. They all say exactly what I tell them too which isn't much. They all say basically that i'm a good mother and that I deserve to keep Julian but doesn't give any hardcore reasons why I should win this custody battle.

Next, Wilmer's family and friends go. He's got a big family too. He has his mom and dad testify for him, all of his siblings, and even some cousins he's really close with. He gets his friends from both of his shows, From Dusk Till Dawn, and even some from his new show, Minority Report. He has people who work at his company testify for him as well as that bitch he cheated on me with. I know he did that on purpose to try to get a rise out of me but it didn't work. I stayed cool and it helped with Wyatt by my side.

After all of them, the lawyers question each one of us. When they get to Wilmer, my lawyer stands up, looks at me and then proceeds to tell the judge that we have no questions for him.

"We'll take a five minute recess for me to make my final decision and meet back in here. Thank you."

He walks out and Wyatt touches my leg.

"I have a good feeling about this." He says. I smile and nod, thinking back to the conversation I had with my lawyer when I told him I wanted to go through with this custody battle...

FLASHBACK

"Hey." I say smiling as I meet my lawyer in his office.

"Hey." He says sitting down next to me at a table with a coffee in his hand making me really envious and upset that I didn't think about getting one before this meeting. "So what did you do now? Rob a bank? Kidnap a kid?" He says jokingly.

"Ha ha, very funny." I say.

He laughs. "Seriously though, whats up?"

"I want a custody battle for Julian."

"Okay... I can get a referral mailed out to the judge by tomorrow and well get the papers in by next week."

"Okay... I also need one thing from you." I say.

"What." He asks writing on his paper to remind him to send out a request to the judge for custody papers to get Wilmer into court. Wilmer is never going to come willingly.

"I want to lose..."

He looks up at me with a surprised look on his face.

"Um... Why?" He asks.

"I can't tell you... Can you please just make sure Wilmer gets custody of Julian? I can't keep him with me."

"Why not? Demi whats wrong?" He asks getting serious now. He knows how I am with Julian and knows I only do what I think will be safest and best for Julian... And that is staying with his father.