Mom Talks

Demi POV

The end of the week approaches. Wilmer leaves tomorrow and I still haven't made up my mind if I'm going or not. Sure its a great opportunity for me to get back into acting but I can't just pack Julian and I up and leave... I know its not forever but with him being a baby, I don't want him to have to grow up moving from place to place as we work...

I decide to go to my moms for the day while Wilmer is finishing some business with his company before he leaves.

"Hey mom." I say walking in holding Julian in his carrier.

"Hey handsome." She says taking Julian out of it and sitting down with him on his lap. I sit down next to her on the couch.

"You look stressed."

"I am... Wilmers leaving. He has to go to work up in Toronto for a few months."

"Well you know you always have us if it gets to be too much to handle Julian alone."

"That's the thing... He wants me to go with him... He has a job set up for me on his show and when I'm not working, I can continue to schedule auditions and write music and stuff... He wants to be with Julian... I understand where he's coming from but I can't just pack up and leave."

"Yes you can." My mom says.

"What?" I ask confused

"I think you should go. You've always wanted to get back into acting and what better time than now to start?"

"What about my album I'm working on?"

"It'll be here when you get back." She says.

"That's what Wilmer said." I say annoyed.

"And he's right... Demi, what you and Wilmer have will never be broken... Whether your together or not, you have a son now... You need to think about Julian and what Julian needs is his dad... AND his mom."

"I understand that but I don't want Julian to grow up moving from place to place as we work... Whenever we film something its in a different place every time. Sometimes Wilmer shoots in Toronto, sometimes Austin, and sometimes LA and then that mixed in with my schedule..."

"I understand that but you have to think about what's more important... Going back and forth or having Wilmer there for Julian."

"You make it sound like he's leaving for good. It's only a few months."

"Demi when their babies, a few months could be everything. Babies grow up so fast... Think about how much he's gonna miss not being here for those couple months..."

"Your not making this easy!" I whine.

"I'm just saying what I think... I'm gonna have to agree with Wilmer... It's a great opportunity.. Who knows. Maybe Wilmer and you alone will help rekindle whatever it is that's going on with you two."

"That would be nothing." I say.

My mom laughs. "Demi I was your age once with these kinds of problems too... There's always something there when there's an adorable little bond holding them together." She says lifting Julian up, making him laugh.

"What about you guys? I don't want you guys to miss out on him growing up either."

"We can visit... We'll come up at the end of the month for you birthday so we can see him then... Don't worry about us... Worry about you guys!" She says.

"Alright then... I guess I'll go."

"Yeah I knew you would." She says cocky like she had any influence on my decision.

I stay for a few hours until Wilmer texts me telling me he wants to see Julian before he leaves. The flights early tomorrow so tonight would be his last time with him. Little does he know, I've decided to go with him.

~~~~~

I get to my house and see Wilmer in the driveway. We get out of the cars and he unhooks Julian, picking him up.

"Why didn't you go in?"

"Left my keys inside." He says.

"Nice." I say laughing. I laugh us in and he sits down.

"So I've thought deeply about what you said and I think your right."

"What?" He asks surprised.

"It's a great opportunity... I have to take it. Plus I don't think Julian can handle a few months without you." I say noticing how Julian is holding his fingers tightly into Wilmers shirt as he lays his head in Wilmers chest. "I'm gonna go pack up Julian and I's stuff... Just make sure he gets to sleep cause we have an early day tomorrow." I say walking past him.

I know Wilmer appreciates this and honestly, it could be good for us... Who knows?

~~~~~

Alright... Alone for a few months... Should this bring romance or hardship?? Hmmm

Comment and Vote!

~Ashley